Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Any Aberaeron/Lampeter locals here?
  • tang
    Free Member

Unexpected visit to the in laws this w/e near aberaeron. ill take the bike but prob wont have time to go to nant, mach or brechfa. any woods/hills between lampeter and aber that are worth a couple of hours of play? thanks

nickhart
    Free Member

not local by any means but came back through there at the weekend having been in cardigan.
    the only way i've found any trails is good old os maps, find a path, see how many contour lines there are crossing said path and then fingers crossed there aren't too many shotgun weilding farmers on the same route.
    to be honest i haven't found much and that i have is full of gorse bushes so take some stans or plenty of tubes.

devs
    Free Member

I'm Scottish and ignorant of English/Welsh rules but when I visit my Inlaws at Aberarth (1 mile from Aberaeron) I ride along the coastal path. I've just followed my nose in the past but I linked it up with the official cycle route along the river in Aberaeron, other cheeky but very nice singletrack and some proper bridleways and roads inland a bit. It's nice along the cliff tops towards Llannon (I think). Basically, if you're prepared to be cheeky, just go out and make it up. I do and I've never been challenged and quite enjoyed myself. Went to the trail centres mostly though.

devs
    Free Member

Oooh there's a classic misquote opportunity there!

tang
    Free Member

cheers guys. wasnt sure on the coastal path. im gussing being easter hols and poss a nice w/e its going to be busyish.

mtbmatt
    Free Member

Coastal path is footpath the whole way and bike are really frowned up and frequent gates to prevent riding.

Brechfa isn't too far away, Nant-yr-Arian not too far either.

tang
    Free Member

yup ill be steering clear of the footpath. might have to do an early start to nant on sunday. im busy in the bulk of the daytime.

devs
    Free Member

It's generally end Jul start Aug when I go. The only people I have met on the coastal path have been between Aberarth and Aberaeron (all friendly). I have only used it as a get out and have an explore kind of pootle on nice days so the gates didn't bother me but yeah, they would if I was on a "serious" ride. The Peaks did my head in for that.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Any Aberaeron/Lampeter locals here?’ is closed to new replies.