Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Antur Stinog or Cwmcarn
  • ianv
    Free Member

Thinking of doing a bit of uplift riding next week. Never done this in the UK so I have no experience of either venue. Which is likely to be the best option for a couple of days?

Both will probably take as long as each other to get to so its more about the riding than the logistics.

Cheers

wrecker
    Free Member

Antur. Every time.

chakaping
    Free Member

Seconded.

Duane…
    Free Member

Make sure you can get a slot, Antur gets booked up super early.

ThePinkster

Do you have to book an uplift at Antur or can you just go and make your own way to the top?

edward2000
    Free Member

Antur – and then drive over to Revolution bike park and make a weekend of it.

steveh

You have to book on at antur if you want to ride the trails.
    Cwmcarn only has 1 track which is more of a dh track. But for 2 days i’d say antur every time.

ianv
    Free Member

Does antur justify bringing a full on DH bike? It would mean a second bike in the car and wondering if it is worth the hassle.

My normal bike is an enduro evo so its more than capable but would the DH bike be much more fun?

Stevelol
    Free Member

You definitely don’t ‘need’ a DH bike, do a search of this forum as you’ll find tonnes of threads asking what sort of bike is best.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah it would be justified to take one, but you’d be fine on your Enduro too. Only rode it on my DH bike so can’t compare, but just make sure whatever you take all the bolts are tight!

🙂

vinnyeh

Was about to echo the book well in advance comment, but see there’s still availability this weekend.

Have they upped the capacity- I’m sure it wasn’t 70 slots when I went.

Take a second bike if you’ve room, a mechanical will spoil your day, speaking from my first experience there.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Antur Stinog or Cwmcarn’ is closed to new replies.