Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Antur Stiniog vs. Revolution bike park. How technical is Revo?
  • tthew

Had a couple of day trips to Antur Stiniog, did OK on my Giant Anthem on the simpler tracks but now my pal with the proper DH bike fancies a day at Revolution Bike Park.

Will he die? (not so bothered about myself, but obviously he’ll need to be OK to repatriate my remains).

edit – should probably mention I have a bigger bike now, 140mm Lapierre Zesty, but my skills probably haven’t increased in parallel.

oldtalent
    Free Member

I think revs is a step up. Proper dh tracks in my opinion, compared to the rocky trails at antur.
    I wouldnt ride revs, or antur for that matter, on anything but a full on dh bike to be honest.
    Cue a load of people saying how they ride them both on their hardtails and why would anyone need any more than this blah blah blah.

SirHC

Revolution is a lot harder than stiniog, only ever been there when its been raining/drying(really really greasy and no grip!), ridden the reds/blacks. Revs is scary, tracks are really challenging/difficult and steeper than stiniog.
    Happy riding my Reign at Stiniog, but would like to be on a DH bike at revs, would strongly recommend dual ply sticky dh tyres, very easy to puncture with exo tyres.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I rode Antur on an Enduro and I didn’t die. Much.

Rev looks beyond me, though, that’s for sure!

chakaping
    Free Member

I rode Revo a few years ago and enjoyed it on an Iron Horse Sunday, stretching myself a bit.

I hear it’s got way rougher since and that it’s touch-and-go on an enduro bike. You couldn’t pay me to try it on an Anthem.

tiredjohn

Me and my mates have ridden revolution on trail/enduro style bikes and its been fine. One or two of the runs were out of reach for me but not all of us and and there is still plenty of options to keep you busy for a full day without them.

Couple of times back when we were there one of the guys who runs the place said someone had been up on a bamboo bike the day before.

Rev is a great place to ride and I wouldn’t want people to be put off because they think a big bike is a requirement. (Although I’m sure it would be a blast to ride one there).

grahamt1980

Revo is way harder than antur, have ridden all the trails at antur but some of the revo ones had me off and walking, didn’t even go near some of the harder ones.
    Dh bike is a must no question

honourablegeorge

Second the above, gang of us of varying abilities, all on enduro bikes had a ball at Revolution a while back. Probably faster in some parts on a DH bike but certainly wouldn’t rule it out for smaller bikes.

And the greasy bits are super greasy regardless of bike type.

tthew

Thanks Gents. I’m definitely no DHer sounds like it may be beyond my level of enjoyment. Perhaps we’ll try BPW instead.

alexxx
    Free Member

I’d say it sounds like you’re best going elsewhere for now if you’re asking. Rev’s is fine on an enduro bike but I’d say you have to know how to ride sections with confidence.

If you wanted to go somewhere else I can recommend Innerleithen as a next step up for you however it’s a long way away!

edit – I should also say it’s fine on a hardtail too but certainly more challenging – I believe that was Phil Atwells local

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Antur Stiniog vs. Revolution bike park. How technical is Revo?’ is closed to new replies.