Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Antur stiniog for a 12 year old. Yay or nay?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

Firstly I appreciate some 12 year olds are absolute “shredders.”
    However laddo is just getting started with the whole mtb “proper” riding.
    He’s rode cannock several times and handles that. Rolls say half meter drops, and has ridden some of the “gnar” ish local stuff. So we are heading for a cheeky few days holiday to Wales literally just before Christmas and wondered whether the uplift would suit us. Tia.

colp

Needs to be on full suspension bike & full face

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bike not a prob. He now rides my old 150/120 spesh which I rebuilt for him last month. Doesn’t have a full face tho.

nolan
    Free Member

Does it have to be uplifted? Been a while since I was at Antur but it is a tough place to ride so may be restricted to the one blue trail. Lots of good trails at coed y brenin and the skills section has lots of good techy stuff.

wrightyson
    Free Member

We’ve ridden coedy several times. That was the other thought. Taking in probably the Marin trail. I was just feeling pre Christmas idle and fancied an uplift.

chakaping
    Free Member

I’d just go to CyB or the Marin instead (unless that was scheduled for a different day).

Best to check Antur out yourself beforehand. All the tracks are pretty exposed to the elements and rocky, so might not be that pleasant up there in December.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

I’ve seen younger there,

Red straight from the uplift drop off turn around point flows better than the blues in my opinion, to the place where everyone seems to stop for a catch up anyway. Then go blue to the bottom as a starter run or two.

colp

My lad was going there from around 11 or so on a small DH bike. He loved it. As said above, it could be freezing up there in December.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Stayed over that way before and have been to bounce below which is literally next door so totally understand the weather comments but it never really crossed my mind as a factor of enjoyability. 2 hrs at coedy will be a lot more bearable than 7 there. Will look at booking perhaps once we’re there or just a few days in advance depending on the weather forecast (guess). Cheers for the advice.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Antur stiniog for a 12 year old. Yay or nay?’ is closed to new replies.