Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Antur Stiniog – Blaenau Ffestiniog uplift questions
  • nickjb
    Free Member

We’ll be in the area next week and thought we might try out the trails at Blaenau Ffestiniog and maybe do an uplift. First question how techy is it for a couple XC mincers, will we die? We rode Fort William red and that is about our upper limit. Secondly, how busy does the uplift get? I see they do a per trip option rather than the day rate, but only if it isn’t full. As we’ll be plodding down and taking a long lunch I doubt we’ll get the benefit of that many runs.

mysterymove
    Free Member

Went on Sunday – flippin awesome, despite the torrential rain and wind you couldn’t stand up in!

There’s a blue trail, two red and black. The blue is probably equivalent to an hard trail center Red / easy Black and they step up from there really. If you’re not sure, you can ride around most techy stuff or get off and walk.

The guy’s there are super friendly give em a call and see what they say about how busy it’ll be – but £26 for a day’s uplift isn’t a lot of money considering how many runs you can fit in.

Bagstard
    Free Member

You are probably best off doing the full days uplift, you will get plenty of runs in and enjoy yourselves very much. The red and blue are fast, but not techy, by all accounts much less tech than the red at Fort Bill.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    philfive
    Free Member

Also make sure you ring and make sure there is a place available for you, it books up fast for the weekend sessions.

If you want to do any of the blacks you will need a full face helmet.

votchy
    Free Member

Went a couple of weeks ago, prebooked and it was awesome, you will have great fun even if you stick to the blue as it gets better and better the faster you get. You can do 3 different finishes to the blue as well for variety, turn left after the bridge, straight on after the bridge going in to the end of the black run or turn right after the bridge which also leads to the end of the black. Whatever you do, DO NOT go straight on at bridge and turn right at rock step up YOU WILL DIE unless extremely good, approx 15-20 foot drop!!!

Thoroughly recommend this place to anyone, never done this type of thing before (XC mincer by nature) and had a whale of a time.

votchy
    Free Member

grum
    Free Member

Whatever you do, DO NOT go straight on at bridge and turn right at rock step up YOU WILL DIE unless extremely good, approx 15-20 foot drop!!!

When you say drop do you mean where you would actually have to be in the air for 15-20ft of vertical drop!?

MrNero50
    Free Member

Whatever you do, DO NOT go straight on at bridge and turn right at rock step up YOU WILL DIE unless extremely good, approx 15-20 foot drop!!!

Cannot work out whether this is tongue in cheek?!? 🙄

The drops only about 3 foot high and completely rollable!?!

philfive
    Free Member

none of the videos show a killer drop?

Northwind

Pinkbike feet?

grum
    Free Member

I’ve seen a video of a new black section with a fairly scary looking high and steep roll-in, but there didn’t appear to be much airtime involved, if any.

mmel
    Free Member

As I wrote in another thread

I had a great afternoon there riding the Piglet with my mate on his Genesis. Really great fun, especially on hard tails! We stuck to the blue and red runs with a bit of black at the end (after the bridge). We’ll have to try the main black runs next time.

Take plenty of tubes if your not tubeless – pinch flats are inevitable and I’d recommend some pads, just in case….

It’s a great place, really well organised by a nice bunch. It’s great to come to the end of a run and have the bus just pull in to take you back up. It cost us £16 for an afternoon and I think I got about 8 runs

Cross country what…?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Antur Stiniog – Blaenau Ffestiniog uplift questions’ is closed to new replies.