Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Antipodean Biking
  • marmaduked
    Free Member

Looking for a bit of advice… I’m heading to Australia next March and I’m thinking about bolting on a 7 to 10 day biking trip.

I’ll probably take the mountain bike (as opposed to the road bike). I prefer all mountain natural singletrack type riding (or is it enduro these days?).

Where fits the bill in Australia or is it just way better to head to New Zealand? Are there any recommendations for good guiding companies that dont cost a fortune?

Thanks

samtheman
    Free Member

If it’s only 7-10 days you can spare I’d forget Aus & head straight to NZ.
    Wherever you end up in NZ there’s invariably somewhere to ride. Can’t advise you on guides, but head to a local bike shop & the locals will fall over themselves to show you all the best spots.
    Weather will be perfect in March time too! If you end up in Rotorua you must ride Rainbow Mountain. Tiny ride but the descent from the top is hilarious (and you can wash your bike in the thermal pools at the bottom).

If you do decide to ride in Aus though, I’d recommend Tasmania, there’s new trails developing all the time out that way (Derby trails well worth a visit).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Antipodean Biking’ is closed to new replies.