Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anti-midge cream / spray. Skin so foft. Which one?
  • Ti29er
    Free Member

Avon's Skin So Soft is the product that keeps the Scottish Midgies at bay – but which cream or spray is the best to buy?

Nick

Something with Deet in it, Avon Skin So Soft Dry Oil Body Spray didn't work for any of the 8 adults and 15 children when we were last in Scotland. Lifesystems Expedition 50+ worked a treat (although we didn't put it on the kids)

jedi

woodland fresh

CaptainMainwaring
    Free Member

Lotion not the spray

uplink
    Free Member

Avon's Skin So Soft is the product that keeps the Scottish Midgies at bay

for some it appears to work for others it doesn't
    If you can spend the time finding out – you'll know which one you are

if you can't, the only sure thing is to use DEET

Nick

Lotion not the spray

not according to about 100 places fraudulently flogging the stuff, including the post office in Spean Bridge that was selling it for a tenner a bottle….

thegreatape
    Free Member

Skin So Soft does work, but in my experience it doesn't repel them, just traps them if you have a thick enough covering on you, which isn't very pleasant.

The best thing I've ever had was a lemony one called Shoo, but haven't seen it for a while. Last summer quite a few of the local shops were selling this instead

http://www.stopbite.com/

which wasn't too bad. Not greasy at all, and I quite like the smell.

rOcKeTdOg

spray on stuff worked for me and 5 of my mates during a week long trip to scotland, you are spraying it on and not drinking it aren't you?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

The only thing that really works is high concentration DEET. Skin so soft has an effect but it is not as good as DEET.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

There is a green or a pink Skin so soft, and IIRC it is the green that repels the best.

DEET, foul stuff, I'd never use it on a child at all. http://www.idph.state.il.us/envhealth/deetfacts.htm Link contradicts me somewhat but only talks about low concentrations of DEET with children, at which point it's probably not that effective anyway and a less toxic choice could be as useful.

epicyclo

There shouldn't be any midges this year. The prolonged snow season killed them off.

Some hope 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

they'll be mutated by the volcanic dust

carriegold
    Free Member

I think it's the Forest Fresh or just Fresh "flavour" that works best. Sorry Avon catalogue got collected at the weekend.

Personally I like the Jungle formula wipes. Individually wrapped and can be used on children aged 3 and over.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anti-midge cream / spray. Skin so foft. Which one?’ is closed to new replies.