Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anti matchmaker clamps
  • somouk
    Free Member

I’ve just had a new bike and it has been matchmaker clamped to high heaven so the Avid brakes have the shifters and the reverb remote all clamped to them and not on separate clamps.

What clamps do I need to buy to put them back to normal so I can change the brakes to some Shimano ones?

zero-cool
    Free Member

My shifters are mounted to these. So that I can use XT brakes with them. And also because Matchmakers put everything in the wrong position for my fingers and thumbs. I did need to add a spacer to the shifter on the side I have my reverb remote to give a enough clearance

Tom KP

shifter
    Free Member

I’m in the same boat and was surprised how much they are. Eventually found them at a fiver each at JE James, though mine haven’t arrived yet.
    click

somouk
    Free Member

They’re the ones I spotted, not sure they’ll work for the shifter and the reverb?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

You should be able to do Reverb/Shifter with the normal matchmaker I think. Then one of those for the other Shifter.
    Last time I fettled some it was by the LBS parts box method which worked very well. (Guesswork with trying is easier than guesswork and postage)

didgerman
    Free Member

Which avid brakes? New SRAM ones? Sure you need to change them? If it’s older avids, fire on….

somouk
    Free Member

They are Elixir 5s and based on the last couple of days riding aren’t too bad actually but do seem to squeel like hell when wet.

I want to move the shifter out on to its own clamp anyway as it’s just not in the right place for me when attached to the brake, doesn’t leave room for my thumb to rest.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anti matchmaker clamps’ is closed to new replies.