Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • anti climax , first RTC
  • trail_rat
    Free Member

busy roads Riding along in the cycle lane this morning minding my own business.

see an audi in the on coming lane indicating – make eye contact with my headlight.

BMW in same lane stops and flashes him to cross as im level with the bmw , audi accelerates across my path.

BAM front wing interface.

Audi needs a new wing , bonnet and windscreen

Im fine and the bikes fine, glad i had my helmet on …. a nasty reminder to renew my BCF as it looked like things were going to get nasty with him blaming me for the damage to his car as he was “flashed”

once he realised i wasnt going to lie down and take it he decided afterall it was his fault.

but if thats the only incident ive had in the last how ever many thousands if not hundreds of thousands of kilometers over the last 15 years ill be happy

FuzzyWuzzy

Good news it wasn’t serious, hope you get any damages sorted easily. People flashing others through often cause this sort of accident, pity more people didn’t follow the highway code…

trail_rat
    Free Member

no damage to me or bike. tungsten spikes remove quite a bit of paint it would seem.

the bars twisted so it looked alot worse than it was

Stay floppy , audi was softer than many MTB crashes ive had.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

BMW in same lane stops and flashes him to cross as im level with the bmw

BMW driver out of practice with being curteous? Or perhapse they were confused by indicators and thought they should flash somethign back?

bigyinn
    Free Member

Probably only got the BMW yesterday and still getting used to it.

soobalias
    Free Member

glad you appear to be ok, take it easy today and any headaches or blurry vision, get yourself checked.

andyl
    Free Member

blaming me for the damage to his car as he was “flashed”

Amazing how stupid people can be. Did you get the police there?

Glad you are okay.

trail_rat
    Free Member

nah he backed down once he realised i wasnt taking his shit.

we were blocking a main road into aberdeen at the time and i have no damage to me/bike so we came to a gentlemens agreement with me asking him to be aware of bicycles in future as next time either of us might not be so lucky and went on our way

bcf gold is renewed. Stupidly let it lapse – the number of miles im doing in rush hour traffic it was only a matter of time. The deeside way was just too deep to ride on 35s this morning. Was fat bike teretory.

Bazz

“A fellow motorist flashed his lights at me, therefore i don’t have to bother looking where i’m going” Interesting mentality 🙄

Glad your okay.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

At the very least you need to file a report with the Police just to cover yourself in case he changes his mind when he finds out just how much it will cost to fix his car and tries to claim off you.

trail_rat
    Free Member

good luck to him. absolutely no way to trace me bar sitting at the self same junction.

mrelectric

Good to know you are OK.
    I would suggest you take your time in assessing the damage to yourself & the bike. I felt OK after I was hit when a car pulled in from of me and wheeled the bike home with tacoed front wheel (having politely declined the offer of a lift from the woman driving, I wasn’t that daft!), but the concussion and neck pain kicked in overnight and I was in bed for 4 days, with physio lasting almost a year. LBS also advised NOT to use bike as bars, fork & frame structural damage could not be seen.
    CTC solicitors (Russell Jones & Walker) did a great job to recover costs (see earlier post). I am not of course advocating claiming for anything other not legitimate.
    All the best!

Sui
    Free Member

You do know it’s an offence not to report an RTC?? i.e if he does turn round after (i’m sure it happened to someone else on here) you can be in the sticky stuff. You can still report it with no further action to be taken and that will be that, but at least you are covered…

trail_rat
    Free Member

just looked at that sui. maybe i will give them a call after all.

trail_rat
    Free Member

reported…..

news to me that cycle incidents are instantly reportable. and a police attendance is almost always the outcome.

Rockhopper
    Free Member

The driver would probably be looking at a due care and attention charge as well…(or maybe even dangerous driving).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘anti climax , first RTC’ is closed to new replies.