Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Anti austerity protests with Liverpool Stylings
  • camo16
    Free Member

A protest against the evil austerity measures is underway outside my building…

So far, it’s attracted the following:

1. A Bishop strumming a guitar
    2. A couple of Nuns
    3. Jar Jar Binks
    4. Jesus
    5. A guy in a wheelchair
    6. …and about 100 other ne’er do wells

They’re singing uplifting songs to the bewildered tourists and office types. 😯

Now, I’m not sure Davo and his pals are going to listen to this excellent protest?

So, what can I bring to the party?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON-7v4qnHP8[/video]
    Sing them a song?

camo16
    Free Member

Will do. 😉

Jar Jar’s presence confuses me. Obviously, there’s austerity in Naboo, too. Or maybe he’s just lost and a sucker for a sing-song.

Pook

he is also a nob.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

perhaps you should ask them what they would cut if required?

On 17 May 2012 The Church of England welcomed an agreement with the Government over the future funding of alterations and repairs to its 12,500 listed buildings, providing an extra £30 million a year on top of the £12 million already granted by the Government to The Church of England in the Listed Places of Worship Grant Scheme (LPWGS).

camo16
    Free Member

I almost feel sorry for them. Even the bus drivers are laughing at them… 🙁

Aren’t we all (excepting Jar Jar and Jesus, naturally) in this together?

binners

I think you know what to do fella

Northwind

Reminds me of this, early glory days of anonymous…

Hours of chanting “I love horses, best of all the animals” and demanding that the police do barrel rolls. Most protests achieve nothing these days so you might as well have a laugh.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

burning french cars seems like a rational thing to do

camo16
    Free Member

burning french cars seems like a rational thing to do

I have a French car. 😯

I’ll direct my petrol bombs at Jar Jar. That’s a proper public service right there – you’ll all thank me later. 😉

camo16
    Free Member

UPDATE: well, so much for that!

20ish guys left now… Bishop’s still there, now joined by a Cardinal smoking a fag.

No sign of Jar Jar or Jesus. 🙁

I like to think they crossed the road and went into Starbucks, which sounds like the beginning of a really good joke.

DO ANY PROTESTS WORK?

mtbfix

DO ANY PROTESTS WORK?

Kinder Trespass?

parkesie
    Free Member

Do protesters work?

5thElefant
    Free Member

DO ANY PROTESTS WORK?

In Egypt they do.

camo16
    Free Member

One of my Dad’s proudest moments was bottling Enoch Powell when the guy was speaking at Exeter Uni. Apparently, loads of leftie students bottled Enoch, who was pretty put out.

Seems to me there was more effective protest in those days. Now, unless someone takes our broadband or access to fine coffee products, we don’t really care enough… True?

binners
    camo16
    Free Member

😆

housecat
    Free Member

One of my Dad’s proudest moments was bottling Enoch Powell when the guy was speaking at Exeter Uni. Apparently, loads of leftie students bottled Enoch, who was pretty put out.

Thing is, Enoch was right wasnt he?

He just told everyone what would happen – and it has.

Enoch wasnt a racist, he was just telling it like it is. But of course his critics all like to get wound up and indignant and pretend to be upset about perceived offence against someone else rather than deal with the real issues.

Most popular boys name in London last year? Mohammed.

stewartc
    Free Member

Why do I feel that off all the places that Nigel Farage would be happy to be barricaded in would be a pub, it would be like a group of feminists protesting against Oliver Reed forcing him to take sanctuary in an Off-License.

CountZero

Why do I feel that off all the places that Nigel Farage would be happy to be barricaded in would be a pub, it would be like a group of feminists protesting against Oliver Reed forcing him to take sanctuary in an Off-License.

It’d work for me…

kimbers

stewartc – Member
    Why do I feel that off all the places that Nigel Farage would be happy to be barricaded in would be a pub

because youve bought into his ordinary man of the people charade?

BigEaredBiker
    Free Member

Most popular boys name in London last year? Mohammed.

That statistic reflects nothing more than a lack of imagination amongst our Islamic brothers.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Anti austerity protests with Liverpool Stylings’ is closed to new replies.