Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anthem/RP23 bushings – where from? and any top tips?
  • thepurist

I foolishly decided to clean my bike at the weekend and noticed that the rear bushing on my shock has developed a fair bit of play. A quick whizz round the web suggests TFT or BETD as sources for replacements – any one have any comments/experience (*) of either of these in terms of longevity, ease of fitting & so on. I'm thinking of changing out the 'top hat' bits at the same time – worth it or not?

And apart from buying the right tool to press out/in the bushings, any other pitfalls in doing the job?

Oh, and as I've forgotten to measure it, anyone know what size I need (08 Anthem frame) so's I can order today!

Cheers

* – preferably one based on the other, but hey this is STW!

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Bushings are shock, not bike, specific. All Fox shocks take the same one. The top hats are usually bike specific and if they are worn, that's the bit that costs money. Bushings can be had for about £1 each from most decent bearing suppliers.

Smee
    Free Member

Give Mojo a shout.

thepurist

Cheers PP – should've clarified that it was the top hat sizing I was after

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

You'll probably need the bush as well. It's not worth doing one without the other.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member
    joe90
    Free Member

the top hats are cheap and easy to fit (with a bit of common sense/know how), get them from MOJO http://www.mojo.co.uk/
    PS tell Mojo your shock model, frame model and year and they'll sort the rest.

Drillski
    Free Member

hmmm, i replaced my top hats and within 6 months they needed doing again. After a probelm with the frame (08 anthem) the replacement frame ( many thanks to Giant) developed the same problem, worn bush and top hat spacers within 4-5 months. Switched to the BETD strong link, as i had with the previous frame, adds a few grams of weight, but problems solved.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anthem/RP23 bushings – where from? and any top tips?’ is closed to new replies.