Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Anthem X1 29er sold out, alternatives?
  • _daveR
    Free Member

Looking for suggestions on what to go for now that the Anthem X1 29er has sold out for the year.

LBS are suggesting a Trek Superfly 100 Al Pro (£2900) or the Al Elite (£2200) which I’m going to read up on.

Budget ideally is around £2500.

londonerinoz
    Free Member

Can you not wait until the next season if it’s the bike for you?

I was lucky since I managed to snap up the last Trance X1 29 round my way, but I was told the same thing about there being no more for the year from Giant.

Surely they mean for the product year though rather than the rest of 2013? In which case doesn’t the 2014 bike product year kick in August to October for most manufacturers?

_daveR
    Free Member

Need to look into it I guess. I could wait until August, but That’s still a fair way off when I want to buy a bike now and enjoy the summer using it!

roverpig

Whyte M109S springs to mind, although I don’t know how many of those are left either.

GaryLake
    Free Member

Superfly AL Pro is superb ride but not a patch on the Anthem in terms of weight/value. Medium Superfly Al pro is 28lb dead with a set of midrange Shimano SPDs on.

Value and weight wise, Canyon is going to be your best bet.

What’s it for anyway? Are you just after a lightish trail bike or actual racing/marathons?

_daveR
    Free Member

Pure light weight trail bike.

Got a demo ride booked on a Camber Comp Carbon later this week and will also try the Epic Comp.

Canyon is new to me, will look them up (I’m out of touch with stuff, haven’t bought a bike for years!)

_daveR
    Free Member

Wow, the Canyon Nerve AL 29, is amazing value. It’s also sold out!

rootes1

_daveR,

Dave Mellor Cycles are able to supply and x2 up to x1 spec for same cost as x1 original.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Look at the Epic, but they’re heavier and not as capable when the trail points down.

Rutland have a small & a large.

All terrain have larges

How tall are you? 6ft or more go for a large, 5’8″ or under a small will be rite

TomZesty
    Free Member

I’ve got a Specialized Camber 29er, its a brilliant trail bike. I bought the alloy comp model and I ride it on all the same trails I used to ride my Zesty on. Very capable for 110mm travel. I had a look at the Epic as well, just out of interest and it certainly looked/felt spindlier although it was obviously lighter. Depends if you want racy or trail I guess.

ransos
    Free Member

Looking for suggestions on what to go for now that the Anthem X1 29er has sold out for the year.

Anthem x1 26er.

ransos
    Free Member

batman11
    Free Member

Cube Ams good prices and spec’s.

federalski
    Free Member

The Santa Cruz Tallboys look lovely.

_daveR
    Free Member

I’d love a santacruz, too much money for me at the moment though.

Will look at options from Cube too.

Really not sure what side of the xc/trail line I want to sit. Trying the Camber and the Epic is going to be interesting. Any thoughts on the reba on the Camber?

bonesetter
    Free Member

Rocky Mountain Altitude – well sorted bike with nice lively, & confident feel

tony24
    Free Member

Since my knee is buffered and you really want a anthem 29er I can tell you where there is 1 atm in a size medium my email address is Tony18@hotmail.co.uk

maico
    Free Member

Wow, the Canyon Nerve AL 29, is amazing value. It’s also sold out!

7 week delivery on the Nerve 9.9

This bike beat the Anthem in the das mountainbike group test.
    Free download here

http://pdf-giant.com/sports/25742-bike-das-mountainbike-juni-2013.html

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X1 29er sold out, alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.