Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anthem X – bottom bracket type / size?
  • theotherjonv

Typically with 2 weeks to pay day and needing it fixed for the Torq 12, my BB on the above has seized up.

It’s an X2 2012, 26″ FWIW but I suspect will be the same across models from that year. The only thing I can find on the web is that it’s a Shimano press fit, but what does that mean? I don’t know these new standards, BB30, BB90, etc.

Anyone know what type it’ll be? And is it a home fit job? – I’ve a home made headset press (bar nuts and washers) and a headset remover, can I use that to knock the old one out and press a new one in, or best left to a shop? Can I open up the seals on the seized (not actually seized, just very graunchy) side and try to prolong it for a bit?

batman11
    Free Member

At a guess this one.
    http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/shimano-bb71-mtb-press-fit-bottom-bracket/rp-prod61801
    If it comes out ok with a punch or the tool you have they should go in ok mine did on my whippet my be a genial tap with a small plastic/rubber mallet etc.

andermt
    Free Member

I fitted this one to my 2011 Anthem X.

http://www.bike-discount.de/?ac=pddetails&pdid=48925

Well, more accurately I got my LBS to fit that one.

theotherjonv

Yep Batman11, you were right – now I have the cranks off and looked properly it’s stamped in tiny writing on the outside. BB71.

But my headset tool won’t fit through the axle hole, so it’ll either be a shop job or a bodgit. How hard did you have to whack yours out? I’ve a socket extension that looks suitable but not sure if I want to risk it!!

Andy

Jon my 2012 Anthem X 29er is a BB91/2 – I have a spare new one in the shed if yours is that.

batman11
    Free Member

Hi mate not had to remove one yet to be fair only fitted which was a pretty smooth operation.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X – bottom bracket type / size?’ is closed to new replies.