• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by br.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Anthem x Advanced wheels question
  • daveb
    Free Member

I am looking at buying one of the Anthem Advanced x (1) bikes as the spec seems much better value than the non carbon version. (Why SLX etc, XT or XTR much better on this sort of bike – iMO)

Does anyone have one of these, how is the weight in the wheels? Weight wise are the similar to Alpines on ProII hubs, if not how much heavier are they?

I have tried a few local stores but none have this bike in for me to check the wheels.

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member
    JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

BTW Whilst the SLX may appear at first glance and on paper a lesser spec,there really isn`t much in it compared to XT,especially if you are comparing the latest M675 SLX groupset.

30g difference or so on the cassette,which you can upgrade to XT when it wears out,chainset is only 30-40g difference,brakea are virtually the same except the free stroke adjustment that adds little. The shifters are barely different,so I wouldn`t be too concerend about the groupset. I quite like the look of the SLX kit too.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Apparently the rims are 490g each, so way heavier than even crests.

The hubs are DT Swiss 340’s AFAIK, all in they weigh in the region of 1900g’s

daveb
    Free Member

JGG – yes, that one.

So, quite heavy and in need of an upgrade, hmm…

I am thinking about buying the standard Alu version and just upgrading the cranks, taking my XTR brakes off another bike and upgrading the wheels. It would still work out much cheaper than buying the carbon one with very little difference in weight on the frame.

Thanks

br
    Free Member

I had a Giant XTC carbon a few years ago, and the wheels while looking good (ie DT Swiss and Mavic) were heavy compared to aftermarket options.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Anthem x Advanced wheels question’ is closed to new replies.