Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Anthem X 29er thoughts
  • Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    Well i recently managed to get a test on an Anthem X 29er yesterday at Rutland.I was hoping to replace my 2004 5 Spot with one and use it for general trail duties but now i am not so sure.The shock was adjusted to my weight and off i went.The bike was quick and responsive and the suspension feel was much like my 2011 Turner Flux.It was great round corners,a load of confidence leaning it over and a bit sluggish on the draggy climbs.(did try it with pro-pedal on and much better)I would guess a lighter set of wheels would help also.Overall it carried its speed well but have yet to try one round some more technical terrain rather than Rutland! I feel its a bike suited to some terrain and not others? A very good feeling machine but i don’t think it convinced me enough to get rid of my current two 26 inch bikes.I think it could do the Flux job very well but not so sure about the Welsh trail centres that the 5 Spot feels so comfortable on.How capable are these machines and people that are riding them what are you riding on them?
    Thanx Max

bentos
    Free Member

I am also interested in this along with peoples thoughts on the Specialized Stumpjumper Fsr Expert 29er. My concerns are that the Anthem would not be up to all day epics in the Peaks or train centre hucking and the Specialized could be a bit heavy for races?

geordiemick00
    Free Member

I’ve just sold my Trek/GF rumblefish 29er and have a Niner Air9 for Sale, and bought a 26 Lapierre Zesty 514. I did look at an X29er and to be honest it just looked really flimsy in comparison, it looks like it should be ridden by someone at least 8ft tall, all out of proportion… I’ve experienced the benefits of 29er wheels and whist they roll really well and the rumblefish was a monster downhill bike I’ve not thought twice about buying another 26er Zesty 514. It feels mega light in comparison even with a 21.5 frame (both rumblefish and the Niner are 19″ and I’m 6ft) but each to their own….

tegski
    Free Member

Little bit of a discussion here…122pages worth! They are very popular here esp. for the enduro scene
    Anthem 29er
    Re the wheels – they are lighter than the previous XTC versions at 1800g for the set. I have not had any problems with mine and cannot really justify the spend to save 100g or so. Very happy with my just about a year of riding it 🙂

singletracksurfer

I prefered the epic 29er (wasn’t expecting too). however they make the ride more…. dull.
    they are fast and comfortable and let you get away with mis-judgements, but not as exciting as a 26er I thought. still considering 29er for long epic rides though.

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Hi,
    I would still like one but i must admit i cannot see it replacing any of my current bikes.Its a bit of a inbetweener! Not quite man enough as the 5 spot and with similiar traits as the Flux but not as light! Maybe for certain events or epics? Room for another bike?
    Thanx Max

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I replaced my DW Spot with a Sultan and have not looked back, it really is a great all rounder from all day rides to more technical stuff. The 2011 model has a slacker head angle too and can accomodate some of the new breed of 140mm travel adjustable forks, so even more adaptable.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Anthem X 29er thoughts’ is closed to new replies.