Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Anthem Sizing
  • jamieg
    Free Member

Does anyone have an Anthem and is around 5’8″ , please tell me the frame size you have

I’m 5’8″ with 72cm/28″ inside leg, just purchased a medium but can’t lower the seat post enough without it hitting the kink in the tube where the suspension pivot is. I’m thinking I need a small.

Sorry for posting this again but I’m totally confused!

GJP
    Free Member

Time to cut a bit off the seatpost?

Not much help but I would be in the same predicament as you with an Anthem, although my legs are a little longer. 18in definitely too long and little standover, but think I would get away without cutting the post, but 16 would be on the small side.

jamieg
    Free Member

Time to cut a bit off the seatpost?

Not much help but I would be in the same predicament as you with an Anthem, although my legs are a little longer. 18in definitely too long and little standover, but think I would get away without cutting the post, but 16 would be on the small side.

I really don’t want to until I’m absolutely sure and unless I try the small frame I will never know and it will always bug me, like I can’t get it out of my head already! I think I’ll have to put my seat post in it from my old bike and at least tray with that, but to be honest I’m never gonna be satisfied until I at least know what the small is like!

andyl
    Free Member

30″ leg here and a medium Anthem X 29er fits me like a glove. I ride a 16″ On One 456 and would ride a 17″ specialized if that helps.

How much standover have you got? What is the reach like? Maybe you need the 16″ with a nice long and layback post or a longer stem? (i hate long stems so go for long TT frames)

jamieg
    Free Member

How much standover have you got? What is the reach like?

I have no standover clearance, well just less than an inch. The reach feels ok.

neninja
    Free Member

I’m 5ft7.5 and 30 inside leg – I had a 16″ Anthem X and it felt great with 100mm stem and layback post. I had a fair bit of seat post out but it felt perfect size wise.

I tried a medium and that would have been fine with a shorter stem and inline post.

Potter
    Free Member

I’m 5’8 and I’m a medium in an anthem,like most I changed the stem straight away

4ags4
    Free Member

Am also an average 5’8″.
    Must admit I struggled between sizes.
    Tried both – the medium felt too big and the small too small.
    Ended up buying the med but sold it after a while as just couldn’t get happy on it.
    An in between size would have been perfect.

legend
    Free Member

Buying a small won’t let you put the seatposts any lower as the pivot is at the same height – you’ll just have more exposed seatpost. If you chopped a few inches off three post would you still be able to get it high enough for pedalling?

I’m 5’9″ and ride a small, often wondered though if a medium would be better as I could actually get the saddle lower (and the small’s a little short)

legend
    Free Member

Doubler

birky
    Free Member

5’9″, riding a medium

jamieg
    Free Member

So mixed opinions. It all comes down to personal pref, I’ll try the small and go from there. Cheers Guys for all your responses 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

maybe it’s just not the right bike for you?

jamieg
    Free Member

maybe it’s just not the right bike for you?

Possibly, although I remember testing a small Anthem about 8months ago only on the off chance of checking what the shop had in stock and the guy in the shop was advising me that the Anthem they had in the shop was the bike for me, even though it was the last of the 2011 X3 they had in stock and needed to get rid of it. But when I took it out for a blast i was so happy with it I almost bought it there and then on the spot. But when I finally got around to purchasing the Anthem a few weeks ago from a different shop, the guy in the shop said that the medium would be better suited for me and that the small would be too small and that was sitting on one in the shop. Now I’m not so sure.

neninja
    Free Member

You are genuinely in the middle of the 2 sizes.

See if the bike shop will put a shorter stem and shorter inline seatpost on your medium for you to try.

jamieg
    Free Member

You are genuinely in the middle of the 2 sizes.

See if the bike shop will put a shorter stem and shorter inline seatpost on your medium for you to try.

Yep, spoke to shop today, taking bike back this Sunday to sort out, they’re happy to do anything – alter/adjust, fix, refund, whatever. 🙂

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Anthem Sizing’ is closed to new replies.