Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Anthem 29 owners what size?
  • zippykona

Medium has gone ,small and large left.
    I’m 5,8 standing up really tall. The size guide says small is ok.
    What height are you and what size do you ride? I wear 30″ leg trousers.

wiggles
    Free Member

I’m borrowing an athem x 29er at the moment whilst I am between bikes, it is a small and I am the same height as you and it is fine with wide bars and a 70mmish stem.

Given the choice I would be on a medium with shorter stem

zippykona

How you getting on with it?

wiggles
    Free Member

It’s fast on the way up and on the flat, feels like a bag of spanners on the way down at the moment as I think the shock bushes are worn and it has terrible tyres that are really worn so not done enought to judge it’s full potential.

Welcome to try it if you are anywhere near south east wales

zippykona

Thanks but many miles from there. Good news on the size , I salute my stumpy forebears!

sparrowlegs78
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 2 and I have a large anthem 29er.
    Caz xx

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

I’d say 5’8 is too tall for a S.

Mrs BS is 5’6 and had a S with an Easton EC70 post on near full extension and a 100mm stem.

billyboy
    Free Member

I’m 6ft (just) with a 31″ inside leg and I had to shorten the stem to 80mm and put a straight post on to make the Medium Anthem 29er fit me…it came with a 90mm stem and a 20mm offset post (the post was way too short-which is a fairly general Giant MTB short-coming).

I’d reckon that maybe Small would be good for you…but try one first.

And if it don’t fit…go for the 29er Trance…very similar but with more mountain friendly BB clearance.

AlanMc100
    Free Member

I’m the same height & inside leg measurement as you and I went for a small Anthem X 29er as the “real life” geometry was almost identical to that of my medium XTC Composite 29er hardtail (although the geometry detailed on the Giant website doesn’t really reflect this !?!)
    I’m 100% happy that I bought the right size as I have tried my Mate’s medium Anthem X 29er a couple of times now and each time I felt as though I was “perched on top” of a bike that was a bit too big for me.
    I hope this helps.
    Cheers
    Alan

benji
    Free Member

5’11 with 33″ leg and riding a L, but i’m also gangly in the arms.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Anthem 29 owners what size?’ is closed to new replies.