Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • ANT+ on iPad / iPhone with lightning port?
  • andysmiff1
    Free Member

So, in a bid for upping the race fitness this year – hitting the turbo hard with sufferfest and the like – after some advise from those who are into trainerroad etc!

I have a Garmin 810 with HRM, speed and cadence sensor.

Would like to use sufferfest app with the above sensors paired on iPad (4th version, one with lightning port)

Garmin ANT+ adapter is old Apple 30 pin (- I’ve got one from old iPhone 4s days)

I’ve tried plugging it in via a 30pin to lightning adapter – but can’t see the sensors in the sufferfest app.

Any way to get them to talk?? Or do I need to buy the Wahoo ANT+ key – as Google seems to be telling me with my limited searching…….

Can I use the 810 as a “bridge” between the sensors and the iPad app??

Thanks,

A

jam-bo

You need something that’ll bridge from your ant+ sensors to Bluetooth smart.

Wahoo rflkt+ does it, as does mio link optical HRM.

andysmiff1
    Free Member

Hmmm, had seen the RFLKT+, but thought I’d be able to do the same with the Wahoo ANT+ key (Google seems to think it’ll work) and a lightning adapter – and by extension, I thought the Garmin ANT+ for iPhone is the same principle?

Don’t really want to spend out on the RFLKT if I can help it……

wilburt
    Free Member

Theres gotta be someone in China working on up to date IPad/Phone Ant + dongle.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘ANT+ on iPad / iPhone with lightning port?’ is closed to new replies.