Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Ant + heart rate monitor straps for Garmin
  • stayhigh

Morning all

Is anyone using a non garmin ant + compatible hrm chest strap and if so how reliable do you find it?

TIA 🙂

aracer
    Free Member

Decathlon one here, and it’s been flawless.

leffeboy

Decathlon works just fine

CraigW
    Free Member

Mio Fuse, measures heart rate on the wrist. Much more comfy than a chest strap. Usually pretty reliable – it depends on the position on the wrist, it needs to be fairly tight.

bensales
    Free Member

Wahoo Tickr here as it does both Bluetooth and Ant+. Works perfectly. I don’t use it for running though, as it doesn’t do the fancy running metrics that the Garmin one does.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Never got any HR strap to work, it’s probably to do with the wookie look. Have a HR watch with the optical not as accurate but good enough an does loads more. That and I never remembered to find the HR strap most rides, watch is always there

mattbee

Another Decathlon one here.

greentricky
    Free Member

I got the wahoo tickr as it does both ant+ and blue tooth so I can use hrv app on my phone

TiRed

Powercal has been flawless for several years. Have a bluetooth Tickr as well. The Garmin unit failed miserably.

The funny thing is the Garmin and the Powercal are basically the same.

Flaperon

I get about 18 months from a Garmin strap. Their warranty is awesome though, they’ll just post out a new strap each time one stops working.

Many people recommend the Schosche optical strap. Wrist mounted optical tends to lock on to cadence instead of heart rate in marginal conditions.

ratherbeintobago

Garmin HR module on Polar strap.

Caher

Yep as above that’s what I do.

leffeboy

Many people recommend the Schosche optical strap. Wrist mounted optical tends to lock on to cadence instead of heart rate in marginal conditions.

I have one and love it but never use it when riding any more as it is a bit too flaky when suddenly accelerating up hill or anything else where the hr gets high quickly. Its great for running though as long as it isn’t too cold

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Ant + heart rate monitor straps for Garmin’ is closed to new replies.