Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • ANT+ Budget Cadence Sensor…. alternative to Garmin GSC10
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Recently got a Garmin Edge 705 2nd hand and really getting into using it. Thought I wouldn’t want a cadence sensor but who knew….. now I do!!!!!

The Garmin kit is £35ish and since its an extra just to try anyone know of a budget ANT+ compatible alternative?

I have seen the decathlon one for £16.99 (http://www.decathlon.co.uk/ant-speed-rate-sensor-cycle-computer-id_8181211.html#anchor_ComponentProductAvis) which looks ideal, but doesn’t look like it comes with the magnet bits – would any magnet work?

New to this sensor stuff – sorry for the lame questions!!

oliverracing

I got one of those – came with magnets and all the bits to get it to work, works great and cheapest out there, also all magnets are universal in terms of cadence/speed

Gribs

Mine came with all the bits needed and works perfectly with my Bryton rider 20

smurfly13
    Free Member

I have a few old cateye computer bike magnets lying around but if that decathlon one comes with the magnets then for £16.99 its a no brainer to try!!

Cheers oliverracing and Gribs – didn’t show the magnets on the website!

schmiken

Got a Decathlon one today. A bit bulky but works fine and it’s only on the turbo bike so no worries. No real reason bar aesthetics to go for a more expensive one.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Good shout

durhambiker
    Free Member

I’m using the Decathlon one on my road bike to feed cadence data to my Forerunner 910. Works fine.

TiRed

I have a Bontrager cadence only sensor. The very good crank magnet fitting is worth the slight extra cost over the Decathlon. The Garmin sensor are no better.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘ANT+ Budget Cadence Sensor…. alternative to Garmin GSC10’ is closed to new replies.