Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Anstruther, Fife?
  • BillMC

Pal has bagged a job in Anstruther. Any info about local bike trails or surfing would be gratefully received and, if good, I shall be loading up the car and petrol tank as we speak (sort of).

caledonia
    Free Member

Fife costal trail is a biggie, fro Culross all the way to Leuchars 8)
    Then there’s the Lomond Hills, Jumps in Culross, Singletrack stuff near St Andrews iirc ? but lots on offer.

Surfing in the forth is not recommended for health reasons, but my mate Kite surfs in Shell Bay, Elie, and again St Andrews is hooching with wind/watersports types.

climbingcragrat
    Free Member

Don’t surf but best mountain biking is in Pitmedden Forest in North Fife for Cross Country. Down hill is in located on Flakland Hill. Coast path good but busy with pedestrians.
    For muddy cycling Blairadam Forest is also fun.

kennyp
    Free Member

The locals pronounce it Ainster, and the chippie regularly wins awards. Queues can be up to an hour long at times, but the fish suppers are superb.

Dougal
    Free Member

Blairadam is also worth a few trips to explore and find the techy stuff: http://www.blairadam.com

DrJ

Yep. Fish suppers worth the wait!

waynekerr
    Free Member

Falkland is awesome.

macmclaren
    Free Member

there isnt much in the way of surfing in fife, North berwick is about an hour away and there are good spots there, just check magicseaweed.com

Kitesurfing is good at shellbay. Thats where we usually go. But you need a hazmat suit if u take too many dunkings.

enjoy.

BillMC

Blimey, thank you so much. I shall start packing!

caledonia
    Free Member

Don’t believe I forgot about Pitmedden ! DOh !
    Blairadam is usually Very Wet, but it has some nice riding.

fenboy

as above but surfing at north berwick is more like 2 hours away from ainster. kite surfing very big at st andrews and kinghorn

jimmy

any more details on Falkland? How do you get to it – from Falkland itself?

caledonia
    Free Member

Falkland has some nicec XC stuff, but is more famous for reeediculous freeride style stunts.

40ft road gap anyone ?
    Road Gap Scaryness!
    and
    Downhill 8)

Make yourself known on here
    http://www.descent-world.co.uk
    and they’ll point you in the right direction 8)

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Anstruther, Fife?’ is closed to new replies.