Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anatomy of a Car Crash BBC R4
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00f4ryn

Just about the most sobering thing I've ever heard on Radio.

ken_shields
    Free Member

I used to work at a place where we did full size crash tests and you could stand about 30 feet from the point of impact….v sobering to watch considering for NCAP tests they're done at about 50mph. The data collected showed that the dummies were exposed to up to 25G

Can't imagine the forces involved in a 60mph head on

IanMunro
    Free Member

Not heard it yet, but listening to the trailer yesterday one of the voices sounded like someone who occasionally frequents this forum.

boblo
    Free Member

I heard it the first time it was broadcast. Excellent radio if not rather sad….

molgrips
    Free Member

An ex-gf worked for a crash testing company in the US. None of their employees drove an American car. They also didn't all drive big cars either.

mt
    Free Member

Listened myself and it was really superb radio that caught the situation right. I thought it brought home the devistation to friends and family also, not just the those directly involved. "You never forget" as one of those involved said, you also learn that post traumatic stress is real.

thegreatape
    Free Member

Very interesting to hear these peoples perspectives on the crash and subsequent events. Thanks for the link.

Jamie
    Free Member

#
    boblo – Member

I heard it the first time it was broadcast. Excellent radio if not rather sad….

I thought i had heard it before. Quality BBC output. Almost makes up for all the shit on BBC3. Almost.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anatomy of a Car Crash BBC R4’ is closed to new replies.