Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Another WTF Ebike
  • boggie62
    Free Member

[/url]

Well it won’t need a front mudguard.

martinkiely
    Free Member

Wow – good luck with that! A 13 year old bike with a Chinese (presumably) motor bolted to it – what could go wrong?? 🙂

the-muffin-man

That steerer! 😯

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevied
    Free Member

IT’S TOO BIG AND HAIRY FOR HER

Sniggers 😆

neilthewheel

Why go to the trouble of posting this ad and then putting a preposterous asking price on it?

tomhoward

Rrp of everything he’s bought, added together, then a small profit I imagine. That’s how the S/h market works, right?

bob_summers

Shudder to think what happens when the fork bottoms out and the wheel jams on the battery

steve_b77
    Free Member

That’s awsumz

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Wow – good luck with that! A 13 year old bike with a Chinese (presumably) motor bolted to it – what could go wrong??

To be fair, whenever the topic of DIY e-bikes comes up a small part of me want’s to go out and buy a cheap 10yr old DH bike.

Goldigger
    Free Member

It’s it’s wife’s bike, to big and hairy..
    Not sure that’s anything to do with the bike…is it? 😮

cookeaa

Why go to the trouble of posting this ad and then putting a preposterous asking price on it?

Because his missus was underwhelmed when presented with a shonky motorised farm gate, he clearly wants to keep his creation and razz about the local lanes, but her ruling has been handed down so he has to at least pretend to be trying to flog it…

smell_it
    Free Member

Batman’s next bike?

seosamh77
    Free Member

retro pieces of shit are the way forward for ebikes, I reckon it should be written into law! 😆

The bafang motors are actual pretty good btw. details say that’s a bafang bbs02 500W 36v 15ah battery. Given the bike is worth nothing, the kit would cost you about 1000 maybe say, 7/800 as 2nd hand, and probably older versions? so the mark up is ridiculous. A dawdle to fit though.

http://dillengerelectricbikes.co.uk/electric-bike-kits/mid-drive/8fun-mid-drive-kit-bbs02-by-bafang.html

1000W beast of thing this, it’s a riot, if a little scary on the downhills! Some real suspension wouldn’t go a miss! 😆 Rallying uphill at 25mph is good fun! Keep an eye on tha battery indicator mind you , hills on 9 are not battery friendly!

DrT
    Free Member

That battery box can only be described as ‘ingenious’. I assume the forks are actually seized.

PaddyMcG
    Free Member

Is it just my imagination, or is there a reflection in the window of someone taking the picture wearing a hard helmet?

richmtb

That steerer!

Yeah there aren’t many bikes you can clamp in the workstand using the steerer tube!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another WTF Ebike’ is closed to new replies.