Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another WT thread. UST for the Alps.
  • Onzadog
    Free Member

Looked at the Conti Rubber Queen but my pockets are not that deep. I really like my Maxxis Advantage in the UK but would like a bit more volume for the Alps.

Suggestions please.

snaps
    Free Member

I used 2.5 60a UST High roller on the front & Michelin 2.2 AT16 tubeless ready on the rear @ 30 psi last year in Switzerland & they were superb.

mboy
    Free Member

High Rollers or Michelin Comp 16…

High rollers if it’s drier, comp 16’s if it’s wetter… Both tyres are excellent though, and set the standards by which just about everything else follows.

High Rollers are significantly quicker rolling than comp 16’s though, which matters if you’re riding isn’t all lift assisted, but of course if it is, then it shouldn’t make any difference.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Onzadog
    Free Member

How wide do the 2.5 High Rollers come up? Are they from the old school of Maxxis sizing rather than the newer stuff?

mboy
    Free Member

2.5 High Rollers aren’t small, but they’re from the “old school” Maxxis style of sizing as you put it. They’re certainly a lot smaller than a 2.4 Advantage (which itself is more like a 2.7!)…

snaps
    Free Member

Just measured mine with a vernier at thier widest point & the 2.5 HR is 2.42″ & the Mich is spot on 2.2″

Onzadog
    Free Member

cheers snaps, couldn’t ask for more of an answer than that!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another WT thread. UST for the Alps.’ is closed to new replies.