Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Another "why didn't I buy that before?" thread
  • lunge

After being amazed how much easier fixing and building a bike was with a work stand, finding out how easy it is to blow up tyres with a good track pimp and discovering the owning a grease gun is an absolute revelation when sorting out cup and cone hubs and headsets, I have found another work shop essential.

And that thing is latex gloves. Suddenly I don’t end up scrubbing my hands for 20 minutes after fixing the bikes and I also don’t feel like I’m covering my hands in questionable oil and grease. I will take the insults this admission gets but for me they are the ay forward.

carlosg
    Free Member

Latex gloves are also great under your riding gloves when it’s cold and wet.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Wait till you try cartridge bearings

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

+1 for disposable gloves. Esp if you work in a profession where ingrained dirt / grease isn’t appreciated…..(pharma manufacturing here)

glupton1976
    Free Member

good track pimp

Whit? 😉

wallop

Track pimp, lol

ronjeremy
    Free Member

good track pimp

I think that’s a job I can cope with….

and yes latex gloves are ace

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

I carry a pair of latex gloves in my pack now as well, stops you getting freezing, manky fingers when doing trail side repairs.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Ayeee aldi knock gloves out for 2.99 per 100 – when i cant scaff a box from work

For me it was my edge 500 – streets ahead of my edge 205

Trimix
    Free Member

For me it was a mountain bike – way better than running about in the woods pretending to have one.

lunge

Just spotted track pimp. Oh we’ll, there are worse thingies could have written!

Rorschach
    Free Member

don’t feel like I’m covering my hands in questionable oil and grease

You are a girl and I claim my £5.

eskay

I carry latex gloves on my commute as it is not unusual to ride through dog crap on the cycle path , so if I get a puncture I am prepared!

I will take the insults this admission gets

They are pretty much standard issue in the roughty toughty world of heavy vehicle repairs.

svalgis
    Free Member

Latex gloves, really? As if condoms weren’t gay enough.

jimc101
    Free Member

If you like latex gloves, wait till you try nitrile ones, far more exciting than latex, as they don’t rip as easily, don’t melt when using brake fluid, and come in blue!

singlespeedstu

Do they protect your nail varnish too? 😉

lucien

Which latex gloves for a trail pimp?

epicyclo

Ribbed, of course….

Sandwich

Nitrile gloves FTW.

cheshirecat
    Free Member

Track pump – check (goes on holiday with us (by car rather than plane))
    Work stand – check
    Nitrile gloves – check (only recent)

Most recent essential is a brake bleed kit. Cheaper than one brake bleed at the lbs, and really easy.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Another "why didn't I buy that before?" thread’ is closed to new replies.