Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Another "which" thread.; Tiny engined runabout for less than a grand ? :)
  • Dancake
    Free Member

Im thinking 800cc Matiz 750-1000 quid for a V/W/X ? Since Wife got pregnant, we went down to one car, but it is getting to the point that being stranded carless is doing my head in!

Need to fit dogs on back seat, and toddler (but prob not at the same time ) and bike will go on the roof. Neeeds to be super cheap

anyone got one

?

spooky_b329

Don't get too hung up on a tiny engine, doesn't mean its clean (and cheap). 1.1 or 1.2 could be just as cheap, make sure you check the road tax band and what it could be in a year or two. I nearly bought a Fiat Stilo til I realised that the tax was £215 going up to £225 next (this) year. Parkers website will give you the road tax bands/prices for each engine. The small diesels occupy some of the cheapest tax bands (£0 – £35) but I suspect they will be way above your price range.

midlifecrashes

Haven't got one but noticing 93-02 Micras seem to be lasting well, my local car hire had them as the base model, and they're not bad to drive.

andrewh
    Free Member

Rover 25 2 litre turbo diesel. The 'pocket rocket' we call it, Golf GTi quick but a lot cheaper.
    I know it's not 'tiny' but 55mpg is great, and more suitable for dogs and babies than Matiz's

br
    Free Member

As its a second car fuel economy ought to be irrelevent, so buy on condition and price.

A gas guzzler also 'focuses' the mind of whether a journey is really necessary – 535i for me 😆

_tom_
    Free Member

I've got a 1l micra and it seems ok. Doesn't always like the cold weather though!

timber

Would love to offload the GF's 1.0 Corsa, very cheap to run, not so great on Welsh mountain roads, with it gone we can get an older two seater fast thing 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Another "which" thread.; Tiny engined runabout for less than a grand ? :)’ is closed to new replies.