Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Another which Cyclocross bike thread
  • eruptron
    Free Member

Well went into Pedal on today and they where extremely helpful. Was amazed at the size Difference the 54cm Cannondale was huge. Has certainly opened my eyes to sizing and so glad I didn’t order anything in the size.
    Only downside was the lack of available of bikes this year in my price range 🙁

pjm84
    Free Member

Have permission to buy a new cross bike and struggling. Cant seem to press the button.

Have looked at the Cannondale, Specialized, Genesis, Kona, Felt, Merida, Rose and Eastway offerings…

The cross bike must be disc, must not be carbon, steel or a Giant bike, and have a 590 top tube (Must not look like a gate though).

icarus
    Free Member

Have a look at the Kinesis Pro 6,i’ve had one for 3 months and i love it.

Jamie
    Free Member

The cross bike must be disc, must not be carbon, steel or a Giant bike, and have a 590 top tube (Must not look like a gate though).

I was just about to type “why not Giant?”…then I remembered.

Only downside was the lack of available of bikes this year in my price range

What is your price range?

pjm84
    Free Member

580mm top tube length is little tight.

pjm84
    Free Member

Yep once bitten twice no f**king chance.

Also looked at the Colnago but FUGLY.

£1000 to £2000. Really would prefer to spend less as its a replacement for my old Kinesis Evo 2 which I haven’t used much in the last few years because Froggy brakes are rubbish (well compared to disc).

So justifying the spend on the grounds of safety!

(plus may also flog my Reynolds DV46 cross wheelset – very nice but did I mention the brakes…..)

mrblobby
    Free Member

Jake the Snake in that price range, looks pretty good.

pjm84
    Free Member

I have to say the Kona is looking favourite at the moment. If Jake the Snake was his orange brother it would have been a done deal.

Just having another look and trying to understand the geometry. It looks semi compact so assume the 59cm is more akin to an 61cm traditional frame?

benji
    Free Member

Have you looked at the Trek Crockett? Aluminium, apparently they acheived better mud clearance, hence KFC ran one at the worlds.

pjm84
    Free Member

Yes along with the Canyon…. looked and left feeling unwilling to part with my cash.

IanW
    Free Member

I think the favourite colour suggestion has the most merit, the rest is marketing snizzle.

pjm84
    Free Member

Looked at the Kona spec and thought maybe I could live with the lemon so asked the Wife:

The response was

“Hmmmm … I prefer the Orange one you showed me a few days ago”

stevio

At least you can buy a new bike: £4k on the roof & a new stove means no road or cx bike here mate….
    😕

Jamie
    Free Member

At least you can buy a new bike: £4k on the roof & a new stove means no road or cx bike here mate….

Just buy one of these:

That should free up a bit of cash.

pjm84
    Free Member

Went around in circles so ended up going with the CAADX 105

benji
    Free Member

Good choice, welcome to Cannondale ownership and getting it muddy.

pjm84
    Free Member

welcome to Cannondale ownership

That was one of the problems. I seem to be going through an Cannondale phase at the moment. (Scalpel and Trigger)

eruptron
    Free Member

Still yet to decide Kona’s seem ok but the spec puts me off a bit.
    The Merida actually looks ok but still thinking between the Giant and the Cube If it was to go on looks I think the Cube pip’s the Giant trouble is I think some times it’s too easy to looks at stuff too much.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Another which Cyclocross bike thread’ is closed to new replies.