Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Another which bike dilema….sorry!
  • MaxWall
    Free Member

As soon as I saw the Mondraker Vantage RR I thought thats the bike for me, but reading various reviews i’m thinking it might be a tad to long for me(perhaps?)
    So I looked elsewhere and found the Dartmoor Primal Pro, which looks a more traditional ride for me(perhaps?)

Any of you good people got opinions on this or any more rel world experience of riding these 2 bikes?

Thanks

daver27
    Free Member

I’ve not riden either, but did go from a Large Saracen Ariel 15x to a Large Mondraker Dune RR.

First ride or two were awesome, typical new bike syndrome “its the best bike ever, blah blah blah”.

then i spent the next month or 2 struggling and questioning what i’d bought, it wasn’t fun or playful like i found on the test rides and first few rides, i just really couldn’t get on with it at all.

And then ever so suddenly i clicked with it, i changed my body position to be a lot more over the front and found that it needed to be ridden faster than the Ariel to “come alive”

Now i absolutely love it.

What i’d suggest is that you get a test ride and firstly see if you like the size of it (don’t be tempted to downsize if its too long)

Then if it fits and you like it, buy it, but expect to have an adjustment period once the initial “new bike sheen” has worn off. Its totally worth it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Another which bike dilema….sorry!’ is closed to new replies.