Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Another whats the title of this song question ?
  • oldfart

Anti war song with the lines .You better stop whats that sound everybody look around .Is that enough to go on ? Want to find it on you tube .From the late 60s if i remember correctly?

FoxyChick
    Free Member
    JoB
    Free Member

Buffalo Springfield – "For What Its Worth"

cinnamon_girl

Stephen Stills and, yes, I do have it!

cinnamon_girl

"49 bye-byes/America's children"

cinnamon_girl

"4 Way Street" by Crosby Stills Nash & Young is a brilliant live album 8)

oldfart

Thanks one and all .Am i right that Stephen Stills wrote it after an anti war protest at a school and the law went in heavy handed ?

CountZero

Kent State University. Vietnam War protest, National Guard called in, a kid throws a stone and the Guard open fire with live rounds. A number of students murdered, including one, a girl called Sandy, who stopped on her way to class to see what the fuss was. There was a song written about it called 'Hey Sandy', by Harvey Andrews, an English songwriter. I have a version by another singer/songwriter called Colin Scot, sadly dead now. Brilliant song, very angry.

LabWormy

Neil Young wrote "Ohio" about the same incident. Chrissie Hynde was a student at the Uni at the time and still mentions it in interviews (well one in Q magazine years ago).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Another whats the title of this song question ?’ is closed to new replies.