Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Another "What Rucksack" Question
  • Bedds
    Free Member

Sorry for the repeat post (and trust me, I have done a search for previous threads)

I’m looking to get a new pack, I’m currently using a Gregory Miwok 18ltr pack and during last weekends all dayer in the Black Mountains I found it frustrating in terms of useable space.

By the time I had the kit in that I wanted to carry (Mountain Rescue training) I was left with minimal amounts of space for food. Other mates were pulling out rolls and bottles of drink and I was left with energy gel and a flattened flapjack..

The pack is great for most of my riding and for my style in particular, I’m pretty skinny and like to ride light, but for those days when I’m spending longer periods of time in the saddle I want to obviously carry more stuff.

I like the look of the Osprey Escapist 20 in terms of both style and features but (and apologies for a dumb question) exactly how much bigger is 2ltrs? What will that equate to in terms of carrying capability?

Does anyone have any experiences of the Escapist 20? and if so how much stuff can it carry? and more importantly how comfy is it in doing so?

Or are there other packs I should be considering? A couple of mates use Evoc packs but the price is rather eye watering and I don’t want to simply follow the herd

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

I worked in a travel/outdoor shop a few years ago (Itchy Feet, sadly now defunct), stocked of loads of different packs. I forget the details, but the most important thing is to try several, as each manufacturer had a standard shape back they designed for, and most of these were different.

This try several and find the one that places most of the weight on your hips, and conforms to your body shape, not that forces you to fit it.

As a rule osprey packs tend to have many features, pockets and suchlike. If you don’t need them you may find them annoying and they might make the bag heavy for the capacity.

Bedds
    Free Member

Thanks GFS, that’ useful advice and something I had kind of forgotten, when I went to buy my last pack I went in to the shop intending on one and came out with something else..

The weight vs features comment is also useful.. cheers 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Another "What Rucksack" Question’ is closed to new replies.