Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Another what phone thread – anyone got a Huawei P8/9?
  • rocco

My trusty iPhone 5c has decided to die and I’m not in the position, and really don’t want to, to spend £4/500+ on a new iPhone. I was almost set to get the STW choice of Moto 4G, however upon browsing for roughly the same price you can get the Huawei P8 or P9 lite. General reviews seem good but any real world reviews for STWers? Anything else to look at or just go for the 4g? Already have a sim on deal so just need the phone to put it in

ojom
    Free Member

P9 here. It’s super duper.

The only thing I don’t like about it is the lack of FM radio.

Had a 4s and a Z1 Compact previously.

simonlovell999
    Free Member

Got the p9 as well. Great phone – camera is really good, got a 128gb micro sd for music

martinhutch

Just managed to crack the screen on my p9 by dropping a plug on it from about 20cm. 🙁

Decent phone, battery life OK. Preferred the camera from the cheapy Alcatel I had before.

Recent example

renton
    Free Member

Ive got a P9 and it was fine up until the night before last when it kept freezing.

Its now saying my memory card is corrupt??

jimplops

P9 here, can’t fault it.

rocco

Thanks all, picked a P9 Lite up on Friday and love it. Seems to be so much customable than iPhone and you can delete pre-installed stuff you don’t want, unlike apple. Can’t say it seems to be huge change to android from iOS but I’m certainly liking the £400+ saving!

seosamh77
    Free Member

Bought my Da the p8 lite last year, decent phone. Prefer my Moto g4 though. Can’t compare it to the p9.

mattyfez

The Huawei software is very much like iPhone to use, apart from the ability to do lot’s of customizations.

If you want a more android like feel, install Google launcher, or nova prime, nova adds loads more customisation options.

jakd95
    Free Member

Got a P9 in August as a trade up from a Sony Xperia Z1, and it’s great! Love the camera, the finger print sensor and the battery seems decent too.

One weird thing is that Strava seems to stop after an hour unless you go on the app (which seems to ‘reset’ this hour countdown), does anyone else get this?

dmck16
    Free Member

Made in Newcastle, not China, just so you know…

monde
    Free Member

P9 ok but struggling to get it to connect to the car on Bluetooth. Apparently its a known problem on BMW’s and I cant for the life of me get it too work. Managed to work around the strava cutting off problem following this http://www.coolsmartphone.com/2016/04/11/strava-not-working-properly-on-your-huawei-heres-the-fix/

Other than that great phone with a good camera and battery.

GlennQuagmire
    Free Member

One weird thing is that Strava seems to stop after an hour unless you go on the app (which seems to ‘reset’ this hour countdown), does anyone else get this?

Yes, but I get it with RunKeeper. Will work for a period of time before the app stops tracking. Very annoying and can’t find a solution.

skids
    Free Member

I have the Honor 8, I like some of the touches they have done to the software like the flick up to close apps. I also have the previous Moto G, the 3rd gen I think and that’s a piece of shit, sluggish, I presume the latest one is faster

hebdencyclist
    Free Member

I have the P9 Lite. Excellent phone, does everything I want, no complaints.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

You can buy a G4 for £127 at Motorola site at moment, customise design including free premium wooden back, dual sim. Stack promo codes mog10 and ukwelcome10 plus a unidays code.

Go through Topcashback to get long term price below £133.10, see Hotukdeals site.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another what phone thread – anyone got a Huawei P8/9?’ is closed to new replies.