• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Another 'what hardtail' thread. For £400>£500ish
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I'm potentially going to be in the market for a new hardtail frame. Something along the lines of a BFe (which is around about the top of the list at the moment) so ideally steel and built to take a fair amount of abuse, able to cope with slow, steep, technical stuff but also perfectly capable to ride for 4 or 5 hours.

Things I've considered:
    – Cotic BFe: as above, kinda top of the list at the moment because its a decent price and I'm a past Cotic owner and loved the way my old Soul rode.
    – Evil Sovereign: over budget but worth stretching to? Not sure how the weight compares to the BFe etc. Going to be running with 140mm Thors and like bikes with a slacker headangle like Ragleys/Summer Seasons etc. Do like the idea of having something just a little bit different too!

Anything else? Ruled out a Blue Pig as it seems every other person out on the trails has one and if anything is a little bit too much under budget and not 'bling' enough. Would love a Ragley Ti but can't justify throwing that kind of money at one. Don't like the new Chameleons, never liked Coves, don't want something as seemingly 'hardcore' as an Alpine etc.

Would be happy to go second hand if something nice came up – seen a few Ti 456s for £500ish which would be tempting but not sure how slack they'd be compare to my current Summer Season which I really like.

Any ideas everyone?

Ta
    Dave

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Another 'what hardtail' thread. For £400>£500ish’ is closed to new replies.