Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Another 'What Drill' thread
  • johndoh
    Free Member

About to move house and I will be doing a fair bit of DIY. I currently have a Bosch ni-cad drill that is frankly rubbish so, without wanting to have to resort to my mains drill as I charge around the house breaking things, can anyone recommend a decent cordless drill.

This one seems pretty good http://www.screwfix.com/p/makita-bhp453rftk-18v-li-ion-combi-drill-with-101-piece-accessory-kit/20547#

But is there anything else I need to consider? Don’t want to spend more than £200.

Cheers

somouk
    Free Member

Surely the previous what drill thread would be a good place to start…

But I have the older version of that Makita and it has been excellent for the last 4 years so you won’t be going far wrong.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

without wanting to have to resort to my mains drill as I charge around the house breaking things

You want a cordless drill because you “charge around the house breaking things” ?

How does that work then ?

*confused*

sharkattack

I started a ‘what drill’ thread ages ago and ended up with that exact Makita kit.

It’s mint!

cheers_drive

I got that exact kit for Xmas. Very good – shows how rubbish my previous drills were. The drill bits are so so so if you already have them and can find a still only deal for a better price that might be a better bet.

BigJohn

I have that LXT and use it for work every day. I charge it about once a week, which really only takes 20 mins.

It’s a beautifully balanced piece of kit – a real pleasure to use.

The 101 piece extras are mostly a bit so so, the bit holder is good though. Get yourself a little pack of De Walt pozi drive driver bits, a box of De Walt drill bits and a selection of Riesser R2 Cutter screws and you’re set up.

pymwymis
    Free Member

You have had you question answered. I’m a kit hen and bathroom fitter. Any 18v LioN drill / driver will do the biz.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Buy a bloody Makita.

Choose a small selection of very good bits.

done.

pymwymis
    Free Member

I did actually mean any Makita 18v LioN drill / driver. Doh.

All my kit is Makita. It’s all brilliant.

grantway
    Free Member

Makita cordless drills love them solid construction and reliable on site

Only thing is it comes with One battery so the second one as a single purchase
    will be 100% expensive.
    Go for a deal with two batteries

trout
    Free Member

good deal here for Makita drill

Doh missed the linky on the OP

But great drill

slackman99
    Free Member

Milwaukee are pretty good!

Search around and you should be able to find one within budget

johndoh
    Free Member

Bigjohn – is it any good at masonry? It says it can drill to 13mm but is it really up to that?

BigJohn

Yes, I’ve used it do drill a hole through a brick wall to take a 15mm pipe.

johndoh
    Free Member

Cool cheers – think this is going to be top of my birthday present list…

bigphilblackpool
    Free Member

Its power is where our lads buy from, ul get 2 makita 18v li ion combi drills, and 2 18v 3ah batterys for 179+the vodka, sell one of the bodys and buy an impactor body, uve now got a 450quid kit for 220!!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another 'What Drill' thread’ is closed to new replies.