Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Another 'what 29er tyre to run tubeless?'…..Sorry! :-(
  • epo-aholic
    Free Member

Been running those conti x-king’s and although pleased with the tread/confidence it gives the sidewalls are a bit weak and i seem to come a cropper on fast heavy loose stuff…… i really shouldn’t ride it as the bike is a race hardtail but just can’t help myself 🙂 The parameters are, reasonably cheap, light and good rolling resistance as its predominately for racing…..

was thinking these….. Geax Saguaro TNT 29 Inch MTB Folding Tyre, any good or theses……Geax AKA MTB Folding or any other suggestions?

cheers

boxelder

Bounty TLR xr4?
    I’m running one on the rear, with a NNic front – not racing rubber, but not draggy.

chunkypaul
    Free Member

try the specialized 2bliss tyres – cheap, pump up easy, and good range (summer through to mud)

geax can be a mare to fit to some rims

epo-aholic
    Free Member

geax can be a mare to fit to some rims

oh yeah…….stans crest? 🙁

boxelder

Mine are on crests easy. Spesh tyres good too, though not big volume.

radoggair
    Free Member

bonti 29-1, 29-2, whatever is in the sale, fast 29-1 or 29-0 for rip em fast, but saying that never punctured on me in a month

epo-aholic
    Free Member

cheers boxelder…..just ordered some geax! 🙂

boxelder

Oh no – I meant the Bounty/NN combo – never used geax………

clubber
    Free Member

I’m very happy with my maxxis ignitors. They went up easily and have stayed up for a couple of years now.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

I couldn’t get GEAX tyres on a a Stans Arch, but I might have been trying to fit a tube in as well!

Frankers
    Free Member

Geax 29″ Tyres fit very well on ZTR rims though don’t go for TNT version as they are nearly impossible to fit

I am currently running Conti X King protection on my Solaris and Geax Gato front and Saguaro rear on my FS, for anything rooty, rocky, loose or wet I prefer the Geax combo. Though I’m pretty happy with the XKings also

U probably already noticed the cheap Geax tyres at On One

sandwicheater

Spesh Pergatory , went up a treat and really enjoying them. Came from Conti Verts on all my bikes for last 7 years and really happy with the change.

Was bricking it as first time went tubeless and can’t believe how easy it was. Set the whole afternoon to one side and done in 30 mins.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Another vote for Spesh 2bliss. Run a load of combos from Purg/Storm to Fast Traks, up first time with a track pump, stay up too and wear exceptionally well

thesurfbus
    Free Member

It was TNTs, they are uper tight

mick_r

Yet another vote for the Spesh 2bliss tyres (2.3 Purgatory in my case but you might want something less burly). The rubber at the bead is really soft so they bead / seal very well. Went straight up with a track pump and no sealant on my Crest rim. Also very good for not loosing air long term.

Clobber
    Free Member

Maxxis Ikon EXO

oxym0r0n

Loving Racing Ralph snakeskins on Crests… 😳

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Another 'what 29er tyre to run tubeless?'…..Sorry! :-(’ is closed to new replies.