Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Another Warning-Cotswolds Massive!
  • lookmanohands
    Free Member

This is starting to get a bit tedious now but was out yesterday and at the top (start) of the shrine trail stopped cuz one of the guys I was riding with snapped his chain. Went back to look for the pieces and lo and behold some tosser has been dropping roofing tacks over the trail! It appears that one of the users had cleared most of them because there was a pile of them on the side of the trail. I regulary take my dogs on the same trails that I ride and I dred to think what sort of mess the nails would make of the dogs pads. I now think it’s time to report this to the police, if anybody else has got anymore evidence of trail sabotage etc let me know, ta

YetiFoz
    Free Member

That’s bad, sorry to hear that it’s going on.
    Hope you find the far$e hole(s) who is/are doing it.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

You have my pictures.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

I keep an eye out every time I ride up there which is maybe twice a week.

tang
    Free Member

hi ian, lee and i had to do some clearing on a run off the beacon last night after we left you, saplings huge logs, all sorts! see you on thursday!

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Woods were empty tonight apart from one young guy walking his dog that we could see. I was on a road bike but no cars about.

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Tang, was it a run down towards the Royal William?

lookmanohands
    Free Member

I think with the amount of disruption that these w@nkers are trying to do, they will be found doing it again, and hopefully whoever catches them doing it will be less “diplomatic” than I was 😯

tang
    Free Member

dimmidan, no other end of the beacon. royal willy side was clear.

tang
    Free Member

lookmanohands, if you can shout as hard as you can hit the shrine theyll never come back!!!

lookmanohands
    Free Member

😀 @ tang! Was only an hour late for the BBQ but was worth it, see ya thurs

grahamh
    Free Member

Found lots of roofing tacks at the top of ‘Sidewinder’ couple of
    months ago while coming back from the beacon.
    Found nothing since.

james-o
    Free Member

i found a section of skirting board and roofers asphalt / bitumen fabric with tacks through it up there a while back, on the shrine start.

there was a description of a ‘jim bowen’ in a white Nissan Primera a week or 2 ago.

I think there’s a good chance he’s a local roofer or in the trade.

if you see him at it, try to get a picture, reg or follow him out of the woods on the quiet to see where he lives, it won’t be far away if he has an interest in those woods, and let us all know.

james-o
    Free Member

lookmanohands – are you saying you saw him at it? care to share a description etc, or was it you who mentioned the jim bowen lookalike?

tang
    Free Member
    lookmanohands
    Free Member

White nisaan primera reg no T710BAV. Bit further down from the shrine trail heading towards the other woodyard, off up there later on……..

Dimmadan
    Free Member

Trail was really clean tonight (Apart from a badger cub in the middle of the track near the top of the bluebell wood.

Didn’t stop to see if I could find anymore roof tacks but the course is drying out really nicely and is rolling really quick. Beat my best time round it by 1 1/2 minutes.

I was surprised to not see anyone else.

Does anyone have a list of the section names so I can give you guys more area specific details whan I find problems?

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Another Warning-Cotswolds Massive!’ is closed to new replies.