Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Another Vid, Lake District in the wet
  • 1nten5e
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fj-0MD7deYA[/video]

This is the middle part of the descent from Parkamoor to Satterthwaite, the full descent is 3 times the length of this but due to water on the camera the rest of the footage is unwatchable 🙁

allmountain76
    Free Member

What loop do you use to take in that descent? Its the one from the tope of the fire road in Grizedale isnt it? I keep meaning to do a route with it in but not got round to memory mapping one.

1nten5e
    Free Member

I can send you a superb route that takes that descent in, and a lot of other good ones, if you like?

Hang on, I’ll see if I can upload one somewhere

allmountain76
    Free Member

That would be ideal, live in Kendal but only really ever done NFT and NFT from Skewlwith via Loughrigg routes but always had the Parkamoor route in mind!

Seem to be spending more time in the Dales these days so some new lakes routes would be perfect!

heihei

Sweet – makes me want to go to the Lakes again! Shame it’s a 6hr drive!!

1nten5e
    Free Member

There’s loads in Grizedale, I try to stay off the NFT if I can, the natural stuff is way better. Maybe you could tag along next time I go, I live in Lancaster.

Email is gazATdescent-worldDOTcoDOTuk

alexxx
    Free Member

can you email me a better copy of that map please mate im interested to see if i know it or not 😀

haworth.alex ATTTT gmail dotttt com 🙂

I live 10 mins away from grizedale, wouldnt mind a meetup – well into the night rides as of last night so a group night ride would be sweet if anyone fancies it 😀

1nten5e
    Free Member

Mail sent 🙂

allmountain76
    Free Member

Gaz- let me know next time you are up there. Out most sunday and also fridays now as off every friday till christmas!

Can you mail me the .GPX file for that route and ill bung it straight on memeory map?

Thanks a lot!

Rich

allmountain76@googlemail.com

alexxx
    Free Member

thats a sweet loop gary, I’ve not done that all in a oner before, always been more into sessioning and mainly downhilling to be honest but looks sweet for my hardcore hardtail 😀 how many miles is it in total? might give it a boshti tomorrow 😀

1nten5e
    Free Member

Alexx, it’s about 30k as it is there, but as you can see from the loop there’s loads of opportunity to shorten it if required. Park at Satterthwaite (at the bottom of the descent) its free and it means that the ride ends on a mega DH, killer climb to start with though 🙁

falkirk-mark

Good video. I done that descent this year when the England Germany game was on, the trails were almost deserted and the weather was great (maybe a bit hot)

alexxx
    Free Member

sounds sweet, parking at grizedales technically free, Ive never had a ticket in the 10 years ive been going there

jwt
    Free Member

Known by some locally as ‘The dentist, The dentist Dad ,and the dentist Grandad’.Never the same line twice, always good fun.
    Usually ridden on my hardtail as a night ride, on one such ride met the Biketreks guys riding up it?

1nten5e
    Free Member

Sounds about right for Andy and the boys, I used to ride with them a bit a few years ago, but I’m nowhere near fit enough now

mudmonster
    Free Member

Good to see you haven’t spoiled it with some s##t music. The sound of the wind rushing by adds a sense of speed.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Another Vid, Lake District in the wet’ is closed to new replies.