Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)
  • Another very lucky biker!
  • mikey3
    Free Member

I hope he gets electrocuted

grum
    Free Member

How is that not dangerous driving Weeksy? Any time you end up on the wrong side of the road with a car coming the other way – you’ve done something seriously wrong.

weeksy

Depends on your perception of slow… his ‘slow’ would appear to have not been slow enough…. however, to someone else it may have…

Misjudgement of corner entry…

weeksy

grum – Member
    How is that not dangerous driving?

If he had made the corner perfectly well, we wouldn’t even be discussing it. How is it dangerous driving ?

Remember that tree that jumped out on your at BPW you nearly rode into ? Exactly the same thing… you made a mistake, got target fixation and went straight on….

wwaswas

it was a non-incident where he messed up a corner… no more no less

How on earth does flying off the road trying to avoid a car that’s coming towards you as you’re going too fast in the wrong lane, wrecking your bike and ending up 30m from the road count as a ‘non-incident’?

Can you tell us what an incident is?

mikey3
    Free Member

Or maybe hypercuted

DezB
    Free Member

Typical of the morons on the road today who don’t think the signs apply to them, whether it be “slow” or “Queue ahead”. Doesn’t mean me, I’m invincible. Morons.

grum
    Free Member

If he had made the corner perfectly well, we wouldn’t even be discussing it.

Yeah but he didn’t. 😕

Remember that tree that jumped out on your at BPW you nearly rode into ? Exactly the same thing… you made a mistake, got target fixation and went straight on….

Except the only person I was going to hurt was myself.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I couldn’t understand a word he was saying, I don’t speak ‘chav’.

Maybe we should all sue Alpinestars for rescuing another scrote from the jaws of Natural Selection.

The worrying thing is, that little ballbag will breed.

grum
    Free Member

Looked like he had a pretty posh house too. 🙂

olddog

I was a tool on a motorbike – which is why I gave it up and stuck to mountain biking. I think that risks I take on my pushbike are analogous to track day riding – if I stack it and get hurt – meh – it’s just me, and I’m less likely to do very serious harm to myself than on the road (btw I’m careful on public bridleways etc when walkers, dogs, horses are around).

To take a race and chase attitude onto a public road on a motorbike is why I was a tool – so I stopped. I’ve plenty of mates who ride motorbikes fast and safely, but I think I was too aggressive. I’ve calmed down a lot now though, but haven’t been tempted back.

weeksy

Can you tell us what an incident is?

Apart from the obvious one of where they hit an on-coming car and do some damage …. Not really.

wwaswas

Apart from the obvious one of where they hit an on-coming car and do some damage …. Not really.

so if he’d been left a paraplegic you’d still be…meh?

project
    Free Member

Stupid little muppet, hope he gets a visit from cheshire police, and the poor car driver and passengers, they must be seriously shocked, the driver could have easily lost control and been down the bank, causing unecessary sufferring for their family and freinds, and a huge drain on the nhs and emergency services.

annebr
    Free Member

I agree, Idiot.

Doesn’t mean it needs to be taken any further than a minor talking to, he knows what he did wrong and has hopefully learnt from it.

mikey3
    Free Member

I wouldn’t care if he ended up a paraplegic,i’m just an I.T. guy who sits at his desk and argues all day on the internet.feel my wrath you very naughty biker.

richmtb

Nearly hitting a tree at BPW isn’t even close to being the same thing. A designated MTB route is a controlled environment, not a public road.

He’s on a blind left hand bend. Unless you are an idiot you realise that you need to be careful on blind left hand bends becuase if you make a mistake you end up on the wrong side of the road and you can’t see if anything is there.

Therefore he’s an idiot and admitted as much

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Was he really within the speed limit ?

Surely he should be able to get round the corner OK if he was within the speed limit on a motorbike ?

hooli

I think he just ran out of skill, no more, no less?

ahwiles
    Free Member

hooli – Member

I think he just ran out of skill, no more, no less?

and judgement.

the Beeb are presenting The Cat and Fiddle as “Europe’s most dangerous road!”

the road is fine, it’s the dickheads that are the problem.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

I’m not sure that it’s just the BBC’s subjective assessment of the situation.

Cat and Fiddle road tops crash league

The Cat and Fiddle road, where dozens of bikers have come to grief at high speed, had 496 fatal or serious accidents for every billion vehicle kilometres between 1997 and 1999, making it the most dangerous in England and the second most hazardous in Britain.

Despite a police watch, bikers from all over the country and abroad have flouted the speed limit and tested their riding skills on the narrow, twisting, Cat and Fiddle road across the moors. Even the use of a spotter aircraft to pinpoint speeders has failed to curb its popularity as a racetrack.

Cat and Fiddle Road

In June 2008 the road was yet again named as the most dangerous road in Britain by the Road Safety Foundation. This single-carriageway route was the location of 21 fatal and serious crashes, and was rated in the EuroRAP report as Black, the highest risk rating.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Swinley had loads of crashes on their blue run when it opened – does that mean it rates as one of the most dangerous trails ???

MrSmith
    Free Member

the road isn’t dangerous. it’s the idiots who don’t take into account it’s twisty nature that are the problem.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Total tool. No thought for others who he may have killed and family devastated by loss. Should be prosecuted dangerous driving

legend
    Free Member

TurnerGuy – Member
    Was he really within the speed limit ?

Surely he should be able to get round the corner OK if he was within the speed limit on a motorbike ?

What? You do know that having a speed limit of 60mph doesn’t mean that every corner can actually be taken at 60mph?

The longer version of the video is worth watching, gives a better idea of how he was riding after he crashed his Aventador

crankboy
    Free Member

That video is some of the clearest evidence of dangerous driving I have seen and goes way beyond a mere mistake. The distinction between weeksys “non incident” and ” the obvious one of where they hit an on-coming car and do some damage ” is only the random chance of the position and actions of the on coming car. In the world of grown ups if you ride badly it is dangerous whether or not the obvious risks are realised.

scotsman
    Free Member

Clearly riding way beyond his skill level, not going that fast, road position wrong, ahalf arsed attempt at tipping in, does not commit bottles it, does not know to look for increasing/decreasing apex, should stick to scooters!

superfli
    Free Member

Oh dear.. Fast vehicle and little talent.
    Starting the corner on the inside, oh dear, bound to run wide, thats why you should start the corner from the middle of the road, so you end up on the inside – after the apex…

And double whites. I make a point of not overtaking on them, can annoy some, but I got done a few years ago for coming back in from an overtake, literally 2 mtrs after line went solid.

Inexperience and probably done himself a favour and will slow down in future.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

the road isn’t dangerous. it’s the idiots who don’t take into account it’s twisty nature that are the problem.

Well that’s what makes it dangerous then. No road dangerous if no one uses it. It’s the people who use it that makes the difference.

dazzlingboy

Agree the guy rides like a c0ck, but fair play to him to putting his hand up and admitting it, and telling others publicly to be careful.

I’m a biker and it made me think and if it makes one person ride a bit more carefully and avoid the kind of accident we nearly saw there then that’s a good thing no?

avdave2

My mum and dad met a biker on the wrong side of the road on that very road a few years ago. He missed them but stacked the bike. He had some problems moving after the crash but reassured them they were only injuries from his last smash which he was still recovering from!

traildog
    Free Member

I cannot believe that people are defending his riding. Try watching the full video. It’s not just a matter of running out of ‘talent’ he rode dangerously and stupidly and put other lives at risk.

But I also agree fair play for admitting as it may make others think and save their lives. He is opening himself to prosecution as he blatantly breaks the law, wonder if he realises this?

I’ve been nearly hit by bikes twice by similar idiots losing control. As much as I like motorbikes (I don’t ride one), there are some real idiots out.

D0NK

Well that’s what makes it dangerous then. No road dangerous if no one uses it.

curious thing innit? Dunno whether it’s lazy language or a philosophical point. Drag strips see a fair few accidents but it’d be a bit tricky to label a straight flat wide well surfaced road as dangerous huh? Likewise a twisty turny narrow road in the arse end of nowhere with loads of blind bends but is only ever driven slowly by farmers…would you call that a safe road?

Mr lucky b***rd is clearly displaying cock-ish behaviour in the vid

Pigface
    Free Member

Fast vehicle and little talent.

+1

Glad he survived and could go home to his family but that was a mistake made simply because he was going to fast.

Idiot is harsh but fair.

As a courier in London I had one golden rule, dont go the wrong side of traffic islands, now I have one golden rule when out on my bike and that is dont cross double white lines unless I am overtaking a tractor, as laid out in Highway Code.

Oh and I have been an idiot in the past 😳

Shibboleth
    Free Member

But I also agree fair play for admitting as it may make others think and save their lives. He is opening himself to prosecution as he blatantly breaks the law, wonder if he realises this?

I think it’s more a case of the Jeremy-Kyle-class/Facebook-generation desperate for his 15 minutes of fame.

He’s probably hoping he’ll get his sock cooked by some little sweat with scraped-back hair, pierced tongue and a sleeve tat that’s foaming at the knickers at the thought of all those retweets.

rocketman
    Free Member

it’s a funny old road though, don’t you think? Have you ever ridden it or driven along it?

Maybe it’s just me (somehow I don’t think so) but it doesn’t have the feel of a ‘normal’ road it feels as though it’s been put down by a group of driving enthusiasts; the corners are all pretty much perfect but not repetitive, the surface is good and visibility is good. It just flows.

This is what I think draws people and encourages them to maybe go a bit faster than they normally would.

Not dangerous? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

dirtydog
    Free Member

Don’t think speed was the issue (although a contributing factor), poor road positioning on entry IMO.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Don’t think speed was the issue

Seriously? He’d just passed 2 riders and was pinning it to get away. If he’d have stayed behind the first rider he’d have been fine – excellent line and controlled speed… He’d could have learnt a lot from him.

Speed was the ONLY contributing factor. If he’d not been going so fast his road position wouldn’t have resulted in him having to straightline his final corner! 🙄

iolo
    Free Member

Here in Snowdonia we get the fair weather bikers coming from Cheshire/Manchester/Birmingham region.
    Unfortunately at least 1 death occurs each month. I have witnessed absolutely crazy maneuvers such as overtaking on blind corners and wonder what goes through someone’s mind to do such a daft thing.
    EDIT: I wonder what the defenders of this guy would say if the bike was a black Lamborghini?

avdave2

He’s probably hoping he’ll get his sock cooked by some little sweat with scraped-back hair, pierced tongue and a sleeve tat that’s foaming at the knickers

Aren’t we all?

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 154 total)

The topic ‘Another very lucky biker!’ is closed to new replies.