Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Another tyre thread (sorry) 650b XC/trail – not too spendy…..
  • core

I’m just getting towards finishing my new soul build, wheels are on their way but no tyres as yet.

I won’t be flatout racing this thing, and we don’t get long, warm dry summers, so straight up race tyres are out of the equation, I’m no XC whippet myself, so super light tyres aren’t wise.

On my 29er I ran Conti X Kings front and back 2.4/2.2 and found them reasonable, despite all the warnings to the contrary, so, do I just get the same, or anything else I should be looking at that rolls similarly well but grips better?

I do like Spesh tyres but need at least a control carcass, and can’t quite work out what is what speed wise, most seem like they’d be a bit draggy.

wiggles
    Free Member

Ground control sounds ideal, maybe a grid version on the rear if you need it.

tomhoward

If you insist on a ground control (I wouldn’t recommend mine for anything other than hardpack/dusty stuff) then go for the grid version, as the sidewalls aren’t made of wet paper. Really is a summer only rear tyre IMO.

Ardent?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Another tyre thread (sorry) 650b XC/trail – not too spendy…..’ is closed to new replies.