Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)
  • Another Twitter Muppet
  • Harry_the_Spider

If this gets enough traction the daft bitch may get a talking to.

tomhoward

Background. Care to explain?

jameso

A cry for attention I reckon. Best to give it the attention the whole page is probably worth, ie zero.

Harry_the_Spider

Background. Care to explain?

Hers, not mine. Although a horse’s arse would be more appropriate.

andyl
    Free Member

Thats the silly bints twitter background I think.

At least cyclists know to avoid a green peugeot 307 reg Y454 MUB

http://t.co/vE4uAD6d8N

belugabob
    Free Member

It’s not a horse, it’s a deer, a female deer – DOH! 😉

(aimed at the twitter poster, not Harry The Spider)

AlexSimon

Laura Makabresku apparently

slowoldgit
    Free Member

bosh

thegreatape
    Free Member

First time an animal has given me a boner since the Cadburys Caramel bunny was on the telly.

What’s the thread about?

timidwheeler

Are you fawning over her doe eyes?

brooess
    Free Member

Christ alive! Does she really intend to go out and drive into a cyclist?

I’ve sent this to the House of Commons Transport Committee on Cycling Safety – part of the report they published last week talked about driver attitudes… and asked them if they’re prepared to make a PR story around it. I suspect they’re unlikely to but this really is pretty shocking

mikewsmith
    Free Member

So she now has put out an apology and got herself a heap of free publicity. Attention Seeking ******

nealglover
    Free Member

So she now has put out an apology and got herself a heap of free publicity. Attention Seeking ******

“Free publicity” for what ?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

herself in the show yourself off on the internet game.

nealglover
    Free Member

Ah ok.

I didn’t realise that people normally paid for that sort of publicity.

Clever girl in that case 😉

globalti
    Free Member

Blimey! Are all Twitter users as vapid and self-obsessed as that?

slowoldgit
    Free Member

…. and are they really old enough to drive?

DezB
    Free Member

.. and are they really old enough to drive?

[stating the obvious]Not mentally. [/stating the obvious]

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i particularly enjoyed her claim, pre-deletion, that she didn’t mean she would run cyclists over in her car but was “merely” suggesting that people on bikes doing something entirely legal deserved to be assaulted, and she would do it.

it’s just another idiot typing before thinking, basically.

gonzy
    Free Member

she has a friend called Snafflepuss….says it all really…

slowoldgit
    Free Member

I hope anyone googling Kirsty Boden finds this.

wwaswas

I hope anyone googling Kirsty Boden finds this.

People have been contacting her employer and their clients too.

hatter

Her employer’s facebook page is copping some heat, they offered a pretty standard semi-apology and unsurprisingly people aren’t buying it.

As a media company offering consultancy in how to handle social media they should have seen that one coming.

At those posters trying to say it was ‘a joke’ seem to miss the fact that viable threats to kill aren’t very funny.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

At least their statement is better than the usual “we’re sorry you got offended but we’re not sorry we said it”

chambord
    Free Member

The cycling community has to be the best in the world at getting wound up over tweets. The organisation, and relentlessness with which they go about their flaming of people and companies involved with anything like the tweet in the OP is staggering.

EDIT: I should say that I do think that the girl should get the sack for what she did… It was completely idiotic.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Animal Lover.

Tells you everything you need to know about Animal rights types.

ryderredman
    Free Member

DC linked her FB profile. The hilarity is that her job title was something to do with social media, would have thought she’d understand how things like this work.

hatter

The cycling community has to be the best in the world at getting wound up over tweets.

Mainly because the attitude expressed in these tweets, if allowed to go unchallenged and become normalized poses a true existential threat to cyclist’s lives.

If you’re a cyclist then she’s basically said “You deserve to die and I’ll enjoy killing you” it’s hardly surprising that people are getting a bit hot under the collar.

brooess
    Free Member

The cycling community has to be the best in the world at getting wound up over tweets. The organisation, and relentlessness with which they go about their flaming of people and companies involved with anything like the tweet in the OP is staggering.

Animal Rights groups + Gay And Lesbian rights groups are pretty active when they want to be. As were Racial Equality groups back in the 60’s.

My observation to the House of Commons Transport Committee was that in nearly 40 years of cycling I’ve never received the amount of abuse and harassment that have in the last couple of years – couple this increase with the ability for a dispersed group to make itself heard, and the lack of support we feel we get from the Law – a lot of cyclists are taking matters into their own hands…

chakaping
    Free Member

The cycling community has to be the best in the world at getting wound up over tweets.

We could probably learn a thing or two from the neo-Zionists, tbh.

RustySpanner

globalti – Member

Blimey! Are all Twitter users as vapid and self-obsessed as that?

Yes.
    That’s why they’re Twitter users.

nealglover
    Free Member

Personally I treat twitter posts from strangers, in the same way I treat stuff I overhear people saying in a pub.

People used to say stupid stuff all the time. And they always have.

Now people tweet stupid stuff all the time.

There’s a lot of stupid around, and if I let it wind me up, I wouldn’t have time for anything else.

cookeaa

Interesting that it seems to be Air-headed Females who become the targets more often… I suppose tweeting/FBing your every vapid thought without any real editorial consideration is more of a Female past time these days (Yep I’m being a big ol’ sexist, but honestly can you tell me I’m wrong?), the three main haterz that spring straight to mind currently are this Kirsty girl, that silly SoCal Volunteer Police woman last week and everyone’s favorite trainee accountant Miss Emma Way…

Yay!

Male Cyclist haterz are no less vehement or offensive, but they tend to stick to parts of the interweb where their views find more acceptance/less challenge, Car forums f’rinstance…

And yeah cyclists even as a “Disparate group” are far better organised online when it comes to stamping on anti cyclist numb-skulls than I think most of them expect, I reckon that’s a good thing TBH, We may be physically vulnerable on the roads but piss us off and we’ll make you look like a twunt in your little online universe and threaten your employment… a few more of these type of stories and it might just give pause to #Bloodycyclists types…

scandal42
    Free Member

Am I the only one who finds the reaction slightly OTT?

Contacting her employer and saying she deserves the sack for a silly, badly judged comment seems as ill judged as the comment itself.

lornholio
    Free Member

“Following 510, followers 314”. AKA an internet nobody. Don’t give her any attention.

edlong
    Free Member

that silly SoCal Volunteer Police woman

Missed that one, is it worth catching up on?

nach
    Free Member

Probably not.

It’s twitter and facebook innit? Inherently good at pile ons; I bet she’s learning a lot about her job right now.

Air-headed Females

cookeaa joins Derek_starship in setting off the HU-MAN FE-MALES klaxon by talking about women in a weird and clinical sounding way.

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Top comment on their Facebook page made me lulz!

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

Argh! It’s been removed already.

tomhoward

Am I the only one who finds the reaction slightly OTT?

Contacting her employer and saying she deserves the sack for a silly, badly judged comment seems as ill judged as the comment itself.

This, its bad enough that I have to watch what I say at work so folk dont grass me up to my bosses, never mind the whole internet looking down from atop its high horse.

But then I dont put the name of my current employer on public social media, or have twitter, which seems to attract the most holy of holier than thou types…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 68 total)

The topic ‘Another Twitter Muppet’ is closed to new replies.