Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • another tubeless question…
  • slowrider
    Free Member

ok, got my tyre seated but once it gets to around 20psi air starts p155ing out around the valve. im using flow rims, stans strips and a dual ply minion 2.35 if that makes any difference.
    cheers!

dasnut
    Free Member

what do you mean by "stans strips" – yellow tape or rubber strip?
    If its rubber strip you need the tape as well (actually you only need the yellow tape)

Other than that, faulty valve?

hh45
    Free Member

Lots of latex?? This seals all the teeny weeny holes around valves and spokes as well as pores in the tyres. Can take a few hours to take affect IME so poor it in, try to inflate and if it inflates but goes down relatively quickly, say within 30 minutes give it a good spin to spread the latex around and then leave it for several hours (or three weeks as i did in depair quite recently with my new olympic rims/ racing ralphs) and next time I tried they went up and a week later are still up. Ridden on them three times and they are great.

slowrider
    Free Member

rubber strip, not been using any tape on my last tire but ill try some of that. ill check the valve too.

its losing all the air in 20-30 seconds so too fast for sealant to sort unfortunately.

cheers!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘another tubeless question…’ is closed to new replies.