Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Another Superlight or…..?
  • tlr

I’m planning on replacing my aging 2002 Superlight frame some time soon. I am quite tempted just to get a new Superlight as I love the old one and the new one is better and cheaper.

I have a 6 inch bike too so this would be a light long distance XC bike.

Are there any other alternatives that I should consider (frame only).

andylux
    Free Member
    forgotmename
    Free Member

Another superlight id say.

TheFlyingOx

Gotta agree with the Zula recommendation. Depends what your budget is, cos they aren’t cheap, but the demo I tried was the comfiest (and second fastest) 37 miles I’ve ever spent on a mountain bike.

swiss
    Free Member

ive got a yeti asr (09model) for sale if your interested ,frame only £900 ono just had the front end changed under warrenty so looks brand new. im going back to longer travel now so i wont be building it back up

si-wilson
    Free Member

We are selling our last few Chumba VF2 frames for £899. 127mm travel, true 4 bar with a carbon rear.

White Chumba VF2 by srbwilson, on Flickr

tlr

Thanks, but I think that the Chumba sounds a bit too burly, like I say I already have a trail bike.

Yeti might be interesting – have you a link to the exact model of frame/specs and pictures of yours, and what size is it?

I’ll look into the Morewood, sounds good.

Otherwise nice cheap light Santa Cruz it is I guess.

slowrider
    Free Member

Tlr a new sl sounds like a plan to me. My old man replaced his 04 one a couple of years back and it’s everything you want the old super light to be, lighter, stiffer, more tyre clearance and able to take a bit longer fork if you want to make a trail bike of it.

boxelder

Hardtail. 8)
    Cheaper, lighter, stiffer.
    Those Titus frames they’re selling off look interesting – not that you’re interested in bling……..

tlr

Thanks for that Mr W, I might just get a hardtail to put all the bits off the old SL on, but I think I need some bounce for my old bones.

jad
    Free Member

Another Superlight. They just work. No fancy linkages to get sloppy etc.

I’ve had mine 4 years now and have no plans to get rid of it.

Coasting
    Free Member

Id say get another SL.The dif between the new and older model is like night and day

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Another Superlight or…..?’ is closed to new replies.