* choose a recipe and stick with it for a few goes, so you get to see what difference small changes make.
* I like the Bertinet kneading method
* I mix the easy-yeast in with the warmish water and leave it for five or ten minutes before adding to the flour
* sourdough is better than using yeast - making bread from just some gloop from the fridge, flour, water and salt is ace - but if you miss a few weeks the starter get too sour
* shower caps make great covers for when proving
* putting the dough in the fridge retards to proving so you can control when you have to do the baking a bit more
Follow @evilgordon or @planbreadbakery on Twitter for bread inspiration and tips