Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Another, slightly more subtle, new bike day
  • tomhoward

So, after 2 long months,

Here she is….

image by tomhoward379, on Flickr

29lbs on the nose, taken her for a quick spin round the block, feels good so far, but can get out for a ride till mid week 🙁

cinnamon_girl

Phew, glad it’s not another one of those silly colour schemes.

Nice bike. 🙂

maxtorque

If you took the stickers off the rims, that could almost be described as murdered out………. 😉

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

What model is it?

Bregante

Like maxtorque says that’s going to look great once you’ve taken the rim decals off.

You are going to take the rim decals off?

tomhoward

It’s a new nomad, Rim decals are being replaced with dark grey ones, as soon as they become available.

Houns

Nice!

Needs black rim decals though

Jamie
    Free Member

You know it makes sense, OP.

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

I’m pretty good with Photoshop too. Check this out.

nibby
    Free Member

Great looking bike, congrats.

I would leave it as it is, cant go wrong with a bit of bling 😉

What is the rear shock?

MoseyMTB
    Free Member

Why is your shock facing the other way?

tomhoward

It’s a vivid air, like I say only had a spin round the block, dropping off the odd enormous, umm, kerb, but it feels amazing, really sits well in the travel even though I haven’t played with the set up yet.

No idea why it’s facing that way, tis how sc fitted it. Tho piggy backs aren’t usually on the inner shaft (sniggers) anyway are they?

Only thing that’s kind of bugging me is the bars (raceface sixc) as the feel a bit of a funny shape, but I guess I’ll get used to them.

Jamie
    Free Member

Only thing that’s kind of bugging me is the bars (raceface sixc) as the feel a bit of a funny shape, but I guess I’ll get used to them.

Maybe, Sir could try a set of these?

tomhoward

honourablegeorge

Surprised by the weight, given the wheels and general no-expense-spared build.

Enve really didn’t need EVEN BIGGER logos, not surprised you’re planning to tone them down.

I_Ache
    Free Member

I love the black nomad, absolutely brilliant. I’m not normally a shrieking violet but it would look better with black rim stickers.

I would have guessed lighter, my stumpy is 29lbs with much cheaper components. The nomad frame must be mega strong.

tomhoward

I think the contributing factors on the weight (compared to the 26lb 5010) are that The shock. Is. Massive. 150mm reverb, the M70 enves are beefier, obviously the pike adds a bit over revs, then the rest is beef in the frame. Tbh given the intended use I’m happy with 29lbs (my last similar travel build was 37ish)

honourablegeorge

Is it tubeless?

What spokes/hubs?

tomhoward

Aye tubeless, hope pro II evo 40t hubs, I think 32 double butted spokes.

honourablegeorge

Hmm. Wheels must be beefy then. My Nicolai is a couple of ounces under 30, would have expected yours to be a lot lighter – suppose the wheels are bigger and the shock is beefy, but my frame and wheels are alloy.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Needs some green, but apart from that it’s lovely 😀

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Another, slightly more subtle, new bike day’ is closed to new replies.