Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Another Shit post Diy Drain camera, anyone done it ?
  • blastit
    Free Member

Got a bit of a blockage on our septic tank outlet. Give it a bit of rodding but no good . So have a drain jetting attachment for my pressure wash on the way and was just googling drain jetting and Diy drain camera popped up. Quick search on ebay and £10 gets me 640×480 res camera 3 leds 10m cable. Drain Camera Will that do the job or do I need to spend more, seems very cheap.
    Your views please

newrobdob
    Free Member

I bought some drain rods, bits and bobs to unblock my drains once. All crap, got filthy and annoyed andin the paid a professional £80 to sort it out, used CCTV, diesel powered jetting tools etc, took an hour. Not going to bother trying again myself.

blastit
    Free Member

Good point

Gary_M
    Free Member

Even when viewing footage from pro quality drainage cameras its difficult to see what the issue is unless you know what you’re looking for or it’s something very very obvious.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

One of my work colleagues once regaled me with his weekend antics which involved unblocking the soil pipe in his garden. By all accounts much rodding later he burst something (his guess was a carrier bag) that released a ruddy great bubble back up the pipe which promptly escaped via the hole he’d made in pipe and was jamming the rod through.

This left him silhouetted against the wall with several weeks of backed up sewage.

Apparently his wife, overcome by the stench and sight of it laughed vomit through her nose.

wwaswas

This left him silhouetted against the wall with several weeks of backed up sewage.

Had a similar experience with a dyno rod bloke clearing the drains in a rented house. He was stood in the bathroom when it happened.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Had a similar experience with a dyno rod bloke

Hmm that common heh?

Op, setup a camera in the garden to record you, and go for your life.

nedrapier

I got a wee camera for doing the same thing. as above, it’s really hard to make out what you’re looking at. I got a bullet cam/endoscope cobbled together a camera carrier out of a plastic bottle to keep the camera in position and away from the walls. Spent quite a bit of time on it, and didn’t end up being able to see anything useful.

The camera’s been handy for other things, like checking the guttering from the ground. It works a lot better when you’ve day light, and more visual context.

wwaswas

I got a wee camera

You probably need a shit one.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Or a shit wee camera to literally cover all angles

DezB
    Free Member

I just poured some of that Mr Muscle gel stuff down my drain. Left it overnight.
    Cleared it after liquids from B&Q and Wickes didn’t work.

nedrapier

Or a shit wee camera to literally cover all angles

with several weeks of backed up sewage?

Pun not intentional, but it is small, and shit for my intended purpose, so why not.

It was a highway drain, rather than a sewer, so I’m not sure how we stand now?

Hopefully not covered in excrement.

DezB
    Free Member
    newrobdob
    Free Member

Chemicals would not have dissolved the half brick I had wedged in my sewer pipe!!!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

This struck home. Haven’t been able to empty the bath properly for nearly a week. Today all the floorboards/carpet and garden-decking are up* 👿

*The chemical unblocker did nothing other than gas us some more. Couldn’t rod/jet the decades of sludge as the old pipe was too narrow a bore. Don’t know how this helps you, OP. Just having a moan. Hope you get it sorted with minimum of fuss and upset 🙂

blastit
    Free Member

Camera ordered !!! I will set the go pro up in the garden and send my son in!! , he has his uses 😆

nedrapier

which one did you get?

DickBarton

Order one a few back…doesn’t work…it recognises it is plugged in as the lights come on but no picture and the device reports no camera is found…

nealglover
    Free Member

Quick search on ebay and £10 gets me 640×480 res camera 3 leds 10m cable. Drain Camera

I sell professional quality drain cameras, they start at around £6500 and do a “reasonable” job of showing you what’s going on.

Maybe I’m being a bit harsh, but you may as well flush that tenner down the toilet for all the use that drain cam will be (although it might not get very far by the sound of it 😉 )

blastit
    Free Member

Went for this one as it states you can use a phone or tablet, will report back later.
    camera

nick1962
    Free Member

Chemicals would not have dissolved the half brick I had wedged in my sewer pipe!!!

I bet it hurt passing that!

kayak23

Order one a few back…doesn’t work…it recognises it is plugged in as the lights come on but no picture and the device reports no camera is found…

Same with my Android phone. Downloaded an app called Camerafi and it works on that.

matt_outandabout

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Another Shit post Diy Drain camera, anyone done it ?’ is closed to new replies.