Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Another saddle thread
  • UK-FLATLANDER

I for several years have had lots of success using the Fizik Gobi. More recently I have needed to use a saddle with a pressure relief channel so have been using a Selle SMP Drakon. I like the shape, but in general it’s not as comfortable as the Gobi. Does anyone know of a saddle with the hammock style shape of the Gobi but with the pressure relief of the Drakon? Have tried some of the Selle Italia saddles but they seem too flat topped for my liking.

iainc

If you really need pressure relief have a look at ISM saddles. I had to change saddles due surgery and now have ISM Peaks on both MTB’s and Prologues and Breakaways on cx, track and road bikes.

UK-FLATLANDER

They look interesting but I need the pressure relief at the back of the saddle not the front.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Have you tried the Selle SMP Evolution? Looks quite hammocky. And expensive!

I used to get on well with a Fizik Gobi XM wingflex, except on longer rides when felt needed some relief. After trying a few used deals out I found comfort from both a Specialized Body Geometry Sonoma and an SDG Bel Air, although the pressure relief channel is more pronounced on the Sonoma while the ‘hammock’ is more pronounced on the Bel Air. I think I prefer the Sonoma out of the two. The most comfortable for me was the cheap and very cheerful Specialized Indie XC, but now discontinued and I stupidly sold mine on with a bike. There are a few similar shaped like the Format and the Avatar, but I do get on particularly well with Specialized’s relief channels for long distance.

Have a measure on the ‘assometer’ in a local dealers if haven’t already, they might recommend something? Maybe have a look at the Romin:

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Romin Pro Gel http://www.bikeradar.com/road/gear/category/components/saddles/product/review-specialized-romin-evo-expert-gel-14-48701/

Appears to me quite similar to Gobi with ‘wing’ sections and curved profile. Never tried one though…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Another saddle thread’ is closed to new replies.