Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Another rotor mounting question – Shimano 6 bolt
  • Lakes_Puma

Generally do people use the new bendy washer things to lock their bolts on the new Shimano floating rotors or just go with thread lock?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Grease works for me, some feel the need to find something more technical for reasons best known to themselves.

njee20
    Free Member

Never bothered with the little washery things on Shimano rotors myself, but they're not much effort to install for some peace of mind if you don't check your bolts.

As an aside, Shimano don't do floating rotors, some of the rotors are on aluminium carriers to save weight, they don't float though.

foxyrider
    Free Member

If they come with them I'd put them on but if not would worry – I'd still use thread lock though 🙂

bigyinn
    Free Member

Took 'em off on mine and never put them back on.
    Grease though Al?

Lakes_Puma

cheers, yes sorry NJee, you are correct, they aren't floating.

Thanks for responses

cynic-al
    Free Member

Grease indeed Bigyinn. Why not?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

grease should stop the catalytic corrosion. threadlock will do the same and make it less likely they bolts will magically undo. I have never known of one undoing magically tho. Usually they seize

Dibbs
    Free Member

I have never known of one undoing magically tho. Usually they seize

A mate of mine had all 6 come out/shear in a race once, made stopping a tad difficult 🙄

cynic-al
    Free Member

User error!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Another rotor mounting question – Shimano 6 bolt’ is closed to new replies.