Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Another Reverb problem…Yawn….
  • Davesport

I’ve got about 7 _ 8 mm of compression in my post when it should be rock solid. The uppy downy part works fine & there are no other problems. The movement happens regardless of the height the post is at.

What’s the scoop ?

Thanks in advance, Dave.

eewan1
    Free Member

Its not a problem, it should just need bleading, if its a bit like a pogo stick bleading sould sort it out.

rotten
    Free Member

Check the air pressure, should be set at 250psi.

Davesport

OK, thanks for the replies.

Its not a problem, it should just need bleading, if its a bit like a pogo stick bleading sould sort it out.

Are you talking about bleeding the actuation hydraulics ? IE from the push button down to the post ?

Check the air pressure, should be set at 250psi

I’ll check this & see if it’s dropped.

Many thanks, Dave.

lerk
    Free Member

Don’t take this as gospel as I have only done a single strip down on a reverb, but from what I understand about the method of activation of the reverb and the condition of the post I refurbished I would say if you’re confident that the lever bleed is good, then the secondary hydraulic system requires rebuild.
    WARNING: the secondary hydraulic system with its IFP is more technical than just the air seal and bush strip down and features four 10 minute videos from SRAM and also requires ‘special tools’…
    I only found this out because I didn’t watch the video first and found myself having stripped too far before realising!

What you will need is a length of 20mm plastic conduit with 125mm marked off from one end – unless your poppet valve requires attention, I was successful in rebleeding the hydraulics without removing the poppet valve by leaving the central tube slightly proud of its location and allowing fluid to travel back up the centre tube (if you watch the four part video this description will make more sense!)

I believe the ‘suspension seatpost’ effect is due to air in the IFP assembly via leakage from the top of the air spring. It was quite shocking how much dirt had found its way so far into the innards of the post!

Davesport

Thanks for the (lengthy) post. Currently applying teak oil to garden furniture 😥 😥 😥 Will have a look later.

D.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Another Reverb problem…Yawn….’ is closed to new replies.