Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Another reason not to go to a Harvester…
  • unfitgeezer
    Free Member

Unbelievable story how **** ignorant are people !

Before I get slated I’m well aware that not every harvester manager would be such a knob

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-29889790

SaxonRider

Genuinely appalling. It’s one thing to momentarily misunderstand that someone might be disabled (and even that I doubt), but to carry it so far? Inexcusable.

Stoner
    Free Member

much like the tesco employees that demanded a blind women take herself and her guide dog out of the store in North London.

You cant slam a massive employer company for allowing the odd substandard through the cracks.

There’s 60m+ in the country, there’s going to be some pricks. Yesterday one of them worked at Harvester. Tomorrow it may well be Daphne in accounts at your office. Keep e’em peeled.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

And if you can’t spot the prick in your workplace?……………………………………….. 🙂

garage-dweller

Then everyone has done their fly up.

takisawa2

That Tesco incident was truly ridiculous.
    I can recall the staff in our local Express store rounding on a chap who they said was drunk.
    He’d obviously had a drink but was just buying loaf of bread.
    They came at him like wall of sound, shouting to get out, as loud as they could.
    Really intimidating.
    When I read about the cashiers shouting at that blind lady I wondered if it’s actually something the staff are taught to do.
    Either way, thoroughly unpleasant.

thegreatape
    Free Member

If, as an early paragraph in the BBC link suggests, complaints were made by other customers, then they’re cocks as well.

SaxonRider

Ditto thegreatape.

jamj1974

Arseholes.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

As if all that wasn’t bad enough:

The company said it had since discussed the matter with staff. “Going forward…

binners

Probably just a(nother) good reason not to live in Hampshire

brooess
    Free Member

I wonder if there’s a discrimination case in there? Obviously it would be a bit overkill, but it might get the message through to companies to train their staff better if they think they might get sued for being so insensitive…

It’s mainly an emotional intelligence thing IMO, thinking sensitively about how to treat other people and understanding that something they’re doing which you don’t like may not be deliberate and the problem may actually be your own expectations that everyone else should act according to your own unexpressed ‘rules’.

Sadly emotional intelligence can be a difficult thing to train into people and, like commonsense, it’s distributed amongst the population unevenly!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Is it bad that I was more surprised that harvester still existed.

robdob
    Free Member

If I were Harvester I would a) fire the manager for gross misconduct – bringing the company into disrepute maybe? And b) offer her and her immediate family a meal every week free for 10 years or something.

If I were a manager at the time I would have chucked anyone out who complained about the poor lass. Not the other way round!

In Huddersfield there’s a guy who shops with his son, who can walk around ok but is obviously severely mentally disabled and I am guessing he has chosen to look after his son himself as I used to see him a lot in town. His son can make some truly loud and disturbing noise (not all the time) – I can’t see how anyone can complain about it though, always makes me smile and hope I would do the same as his dad in that same situation and not try and hide him away from the world which must be the easier option.

BillMC

In Billy Budd’s, Croyde, a father complained about the sounding off (swearing etc) of a young guy with Tourette’s in front of his kids. The bar staff responded that this guy’s kids needed to know about disability and if he wasn’t happy with that then he should take them elsewhere. I cheered.

crankboy
    Free Member

Their is a very nasty propaganda against the disabled who are presented as fakers and scroungers it comes from the government in it’s horrific use of ATOS and the press it is reflected in the comments sections of many papers and feeds the bubble mentality of some peoples sense of entitlement. Discrimination claims based on disability rarely pay out significant amounts. Our current government have made it hard to bring such claims as their is no legal aid funding and plan to erode a significant way of challenging government decisions which unlawfully impact on peoples lives.
    The attitude of the Harvester staff was terrible but the customers who complained were arguably worse. Companies should be held to account for their staffs actions they recruit train and sanction their authority. If they don’t like adverse publicity maybe a bit more care and better wages would give them better staff.

marco
    Free Member

My eldest lad has cerebral palsy and needs a walking frame to get about. The amount of nasty looks we get when we drive into a disabled bay and I get out, obviously not me who needs the blue badge, then the faces of shame as my lad gets out and into his frame. People are so quick to judge.

ransos
    Free Member

If I were Harvester I would a) fire the manager for gross misconduct – bringing the company into disrepute maybe? And b) offer her and her immediate family a meal every week free for 10 years or something.

If you really want to punish the manager, then it’s him or her who should be forced to eat there…

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Another reason not to go to a Harvester…’ is closed to new replies.