Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Another Qs riding in the sun(pics).
  • knottie8
    Free Member

I needed to clear my head today so a Qs solo ride was in order. Headphones in and tunes playing I rode twice as far as I intended to. I cleared several climbs I normaly dont and had Fruit cake at the hotel ! The sun shone down all day too. Anyway my heads cleared and life is back in perspective for now anyway. Comments ?

Click the above picture for more pics.

How posh.

who needs gears.

RichPenny
    Free Member

How much was the fruit cake 😉

Am convinced that all human beings need a perspective button. No riding for me today apart from a bit of turbo. Have managed to sort out a lot of head and home issues tho, so all is well. Will your ss be coming to the purbecks next Sunday? I'll need someone to keep me company on the climbs 🙂

saladdodger
    Free Member

😉

knottie8
    Free Member

Rich
    the problem with me and SS is keeping up with geared riders on the flat !
    Andy

snaps
    Free Member

How much was the cake then? looks pricey in a minimalist way!
    Solo for me as well today – I had an upside down in a hollybush moment & blew a fork seal on a cattlegrid on the way home but good ride all the same.

knottie8
    Free Member

£3.50 for the cake £2.00 for the tea. The cake was lovely mind you and supplied with a gert blob of cream.

Rex
    Free Member

Good stuff, glad you got your head straightened out. Nothing like a sunny day on the Quantocks to set all right with the world (though another sunny day in Horner Woods today probably come a close second…well until i fell into a gorse bush and opened up a vein!).

knottie8
    Free Member

Rex
    I nearly went to Horner today !

oldfart

Well done you old buggerrrr !I did a solo on the Mendips today 'twas fandabedozzeeee 😆
    You Purbecking next week ? Guess who thought twere Saturday ? Losing it i am i tell 'eee !!!!
    Still going just having the weekend ass about face !!!

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

You Purbecking next week ?

I very much hope to, but my SO may have other "plans", made at short notice.

OF where did you ride today?

Jonesy75
    Free Member

Sun,bike and cake livin the dream glad you had a good un

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

Any chance you can bring that weather with you next week (and the cake if you want to).

Bunnyhop

I'm desparate to get to the Quantocks. Every time I see any of the pictures my heart skips a beat.
    That cake looks yummy indeed.

Just remember knottie8- if you have your health, other things can be sorted out 🙂

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Some chaps have posted recently about visiting one late October weekend. I'm thinking of hooking up with them so show them some nice trails. Hunt for the thread.

knottie8
    Free Member

Buzz
    If im feeeling fit I may join you and act as rear gunner/photographer. .

oldfart

Buzz….started in Cheddar up Strawberry Line to Winscombe .B/path to A38 at Churchill into Rowberrow Woods .Up fire road right to top of Potato Field.Up to trig point on Blackdown .Round perimeter through 2 stream crossings .Back into woods followed stream then up across b/path to road right then eats at Lillypool .Down Yoghurt stopped and watched some of the BMX racing .Then back down into Cheddar for ice cream !!!!!25 miles .Excellent day.

sharki
    Free Member

bunnyhop, the anticipation of meeting me around the Q's will make anyones heart miss a beat…it's probably better if it stops working all together though TBH.

aleigh
    Free Member

looking forward to going back there soon mr k! have a date in mind so will email you. chin up x

Dibbs
    Free Member

It was rather nice up there today I rode home from work past Dead Womans Ditch and down Crowcombe Combe 8 o'clock this morning, I wasted the rest of the day in bed though and now I'm back at work 😥

Bunnyhop

Sharkie – it would indeed be splendid to sample the trail and cake/pudding delights of your part of the world.

Are you up for guiding?

rOcKeTdOg

that's a proper drizzle on that plate, organise that sort of weather for my trip down there pls

sharki
    Free Member

Bunnyhop, normally i'm very available for guiding, however a recent turn of events has put guiding beyond me to an extent.

Get a date in mind and i'll make arrangements to get myself available for you or anyone else for that matter.

Knottie is a more than capable guide and his relaxed style of guiding can appeal more to riders than mine, i do try to cater for all needs but have have a very demanding appetite for food and drink.

Hopefully by mid october i'll be sorted and free to reap havoc on the hills again.

There appears to be another sign of keeness for Quantocks riding, so look out for the continued requests for routes/guiding requests.

Of course intimate guiding is always there if you're not to keen on the stop starting that will take place on bigger group rides.

My addy is in my profile and vital stats are to found on facebook together with pics of me in ladies underwear.

See you all soon.

S

Bunnyhop

Thanks Sharki.
    How could anyone forget the pictures of you in Ladies underwear 😳

I don't mind all the stopping/starting lark, as I'm usually at the back anyway, this gives us slowies a chance to catch up.

It'll probably be next year before we can get down there. We'll see.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘Another Qs riding in the sun(pics).’ is closed to new replies.