Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)
  • Another pizza thread – pizza bread recipes pls!
  • Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Nixie, just came across a place that sells clay, project is back on!

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Try a cast iron pizza stone (or cast iron flat object) radiates heat much better than a stone so works better in the relatively low temp of a household oven.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i used the jamie oliver recipe on sunday to make pizzas in a conventional oven, with the temp whacked up to about 240 C these bad boys took about 10-12 mins to cook through (preheated metal vented pizza trays to do em on and the bases were nicely done top and bottom). i’d let the dough rise for about 1.5 hrs before knocking back and kneading for a further 15 mins, and they turned out spot on…

mefty
    Free Member

I prefer thinner ones than that – that’s why I only tried the Jamie Oliver recipe once.

spacemonkey

+1 Jamie Oliver’s version.

My technique is thus:

– make dough, store in warm place for 1-3hrs
    – remove dough, cut into balls
    – select ball, give it a bit of a kneed
    – roll out and put on paddle (with semolina beneath to make it easier to slide)
    – stick onto pizza tray/disc/paddle/whatever at 220deg for 2-3 mins (to pre-bake)
    – remove from oven, add toppings, shove back in oven and cook

NOTE: put these cheese on last as this reduces the softening of the base

bruneep

Balled and into fridge for cold proofing for 3-4 days.

dont use a rolling pin to stretch dough learn to hand stretch.

Pizza cooks just over a minute in the Unni oven

nixie

Nobeerinthefridge, I used castreekilns. Then found clay in the river next to the house! Grr. Depending on what size your building this thread might be of help. Has some details of how much clay I used

nixie

roll out and put on paddle (with semolina beneath to make it easier to slide)

We used to use semolina on metal peels to aid movement. It did work well but I did get annoyed by the burnt semolina in the oven. Our second oven came with a wooden peel. The dough sticks to this way less than a metal one so you can use flour. It also requires much less of a shove to move the pizza off the peel (meaning eggs no longer go flying) and there is less deposited on the oven floor.

Drac

I prefer thinner ones than that – that’s why I only tried the Jamie Oliver recipe once.

You can roll them thin you know?

cblair246
    Free Member

Any recommendations of pizza stones or just use a porcelain tile?

Viewing 10 posts - 41 through 50 (of 50 total)

The topic ‘Another pizza thread – pizza bread recipes pls!’ is closed to new replies.